Question How to prevent knees "locking out" in animations with knees set to "Off"

pinosante

Reactions
Hi,

I'm making dance animations. I like to keep the Knees set to "Off" to have more natural movement during dancing. However, sometimes, when the knees get fully straight, they get locked out and don't bend anymore. Look at the video to see what I mean. Is there some smart setting to prevent this from happening? (Apart from also setting the knee in the animation).

Btw, in the animation time-line you see "knee" but the knee is set to "Off" in the joints.

Attachments

• convert.mp4
    1.4 MB
Solution
Hi,

I'm making dance animations. I like to keep the Knees set to "Off" to have more natural movement during dancing. However, sometimes, when the knees get fully straight, they get locked out and don't bend anymore. Look at the video to see what I mean. Is there some smart setting to prevent this from happening? (Apart from also setting the knee in the animation).

Btw, in the animation time-line you see "knee" but the knee is set to "Off" in the joints.
You could change knee physics, that would make it extremely unlikely to lock out :unsure:
Hi,

You could change knee physics, that would make it extremely unlikely to lock out :unsure:

Attachments

• knee1.jpg
    knee1.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 1
Solution
Back
Top Bottom