Question how to manage the AddonPackages folder/game size?

HaiiiHarrr

Reactions
My VAM folder is getting a bit out of hand (700 GB with 5k AddonPackages, too much different yet similar content available).

Do you have a specific system in place to slim down the game?

Load times, especially when you are in the Editor are getting a bit out of hand.

That's like asking how you can slim down your fridge when there's too much food in it :']

There are several tools to manage the var content, but all and all, you will have to make the choices yourself. There is no rule to reduce the size of your VAM install, you will have to choose what stays and what goes.

The only thing that could make a difference are multiple versions of plugins. But the truth is, most plugins are not that big. Most of the offending content when it comes to size are skins/looks and assets.

Upvote 0
That's like asking how you can slim down your fridge when there's too much food in it :']

There are several tools to manage the var content, but all and all, you will have to make the choices yourself. There is no rule to reduce the size of your VAM install, you will have to choose what stays and what goes.

The only thing that could make a difference are multiple versions of plugins. But the truth is, most plugins are not that big. Most of the offending content when it comes to size are skins/looks and assets.
yeah, I probably will sort out some of the skins I am not using in a separate folder and if I ever feel like it, i'll just move them back.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom