Answered Question about dependencies and how to manage them

Reanimator

Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
When I package a scene, I often get items listed as dependencies that shouldn't be, and I don't know why. For example, I just released a scene and the dependencies are listed here. Macgruber's Logic Bricks is listed as a dependency, but I removed the plugin from the scene before packaging because I ended up not using it. Also, the Nata_Futa and Jacinta looks from CosmicFTW are listed as dependent, but these looks are not used at all in the scene, and never were. Also, one of my older scenes is listed as dependent, but I started from an empty scene when I started making this one, so I don't understand why. Can anyone explain how these things could be considered dependent? Are they linked to a morph or something? Could they be tied to a UI Button preset I saved while in a different scene?

Also, is there any way to manage (i.e., remove) dependencies that I know are incorrect or not needed?

It's the package builder. It includes dependencies of dependencies, and it's not very smart about it. You can see the entire dependency tree in meta.json.

Your "Male 4" person is using the "Erect 2.vmi" morph. This is referenced from your own Reanimator.Daughter_and_Mother_Roleplay.1.var. Even though it's only using that one morph and nothing else, it lists ALL of the dependencies from that VAR. If you move that morph into this VAR, then you'll get rid of most of your unused dependencies.

As for Logic Bricks, you seem to be using it in an atom called "On Load" to play "squishing.wav" as a loop.

Unfortunately, the best way to find these problems right now is to use something like Notepad++ to search your JSON files for references. You can do this easily by searching all files for the string ":/" (no quotes). You can do this after prepping the package and looking in the AddonPackagesBuilder folder. Don't just do it on your original files, because the package builder may add the references. Morphs are often the culprit, and there can be duplicates.

P.S. There's no need to include "Custom\Assets\map\bathroom_shower.assetbundle", as your scene is actually using the one from MeshedVR.AssetsPack.latest, which is included with VaM.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom