How to fix scenario in VR?

henshin

Reactions
When I'm in VR (Quest 3) I do the following:
First uncheck "Navigate Lock Height" (I leave checked "Free Move Follow Floor").
Then move the viewport with my controllers so the person is in the correct position for me.
Then check "Navigate Lock Height" again.

But for some reason if I leave the controls sometimes the person moves (I think to a random position), and is very frustrating to position everything again.

Is possible to fix everything in VR?
I don't want my controllers or my hands interfere in the scene (except for clicking some buttons), only follow my headset.

There's nothing to fix, just learn how to use things better.
If you're using the virtual hands, disable their collision. If you are possessing a person, disable that person's collision.

Sorry, is my bad english, I mean "fix" from "fixation" not a "bugfix"
I'm asking just that, what is the best way to manage this in VAM (I know it should be possible just don't know how).
I want to position the scene/person and then avoid any movement (I don't know why sometimes everything jumps to another position, maybe is related with my controllers, when I left them).

Is there any guide/wiki for VR?
With all the tips, options etc. How to move properly in VR with Quest3 controllers, different modes etc.

some tips maybe:
how to position the scene easily
how to move with just one controller
how to interact (menu, click buttons etc) without controllers (hand gestures?)
how to use voice controls (if possible, for example to reset something, or open menu, etc)

I feel I'm missing the real experience in VAM just for not knowing how to use it properly :(

Last edited:
I've seen so many people saying "X doesn't work, is there a fix?", when 99% is they that don't know how to use it that I just thought you were one of those.
Your english is fine and correct, fix for fixation, it was just a case of a different interpretation.

Right, so, for guides you can see lists with them in the Wiki.
I don't know exactly what you mean by jumping, perhaps you're teleporting? I don't have a Quest, and on my headset I don't even know how to do that or if it works, if teleporting is what you mean. Maybe the guides will help you there.

Back
Top Bottom