Question How to delete stuff PERMANENTLY? (without them coming back)

lkjargjlkear

Reactions
Hi,

I use Browser Assist by JayJayWon to delete vars in game that I don't want, because they turned out to be weird. However, when I install a new var and Scan Hub for Missing Referenced Packages in order to download all referenced packages automatically, the previous deleted vars come back.

I don't know why they are still in the download list. I also tried deleting the files manually from the folder. They get downloaded again with the rest. I even tried to delete some dependencies from the folder that are somehow connected to the vars that I don't want, but it doesn't help.

Thanx in advance.

Hi,

I use Browser Assist by JayJayWon to delete vars in game that I don't want, because they turned out to be weird. However, when I install a new var and Scan Hub for Missing Referenced Packages in order to download all referenced packages automatically, the previous deleted vars come back.

I don't know why they are still in the download list. I also tried deleting the files manually from the folder. They get downloaded again with the rest. I even tried to delete some dependencies from the folder that are somehow connected to the vars that I don't want, but it doesn't help.

Thanx in advance.
Those files are probably a sub dependency of other vars you still have. When you get the error saying they are missing it will tell you what var is saying they are required. If you want to keep that file, but really want the others not to download again, you can unpack it and open the meta.json with notepad and delete the dependencies you don't want listed under

],
"dependencies" : {

You would need to do it for each file you want gone, and you risk ruining the addonpackage if you are not careful what you delete. Reinstalling or updating the var would still put the references back though.

Upvote 0
Adding to what Origin69 said. Manually deleting works best and is safer tbh. When downloading characters/scenes only download what you don't have. When you see plugins listed it may be later versions and not the newer versions of that plugin for eg. the "timeline" plugin. Click on the name and go to the plugin and make sure you already have the latest version. The old version will be there asking you to download it if the scene is requesting it which all depends on how the var was put together; if you have the updated version you won't need the old one. I had five versions of timeline before I figured this out. Same with character and scenes as you will manually have to delete them but I think the jayjaywon plugin will take care of that but check the addon packages folder to make sure.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom