Question How to dampen the collision/physics "jitter"?

subs4

Reactions
When a person is constrained by an object that causes collisions, for example a cuff around a wrist, the body part starts to vibrate endlessly when collision and physics are enabled. Is there a way to dampen it somehow or calm the collisions physics around certain parts of person's body?

Adjusting rhand and lhand controls so that person is not actually hanging from those cuffs doesn't do the trick.

You could try turning off collisions on the cuffs and mess around parent linking the hands to the cuffs as a work around. But if you want collisions enabled, in the physics tab try turning up the hold position/rotation springs of the rhand & lhand controls to see if they vibrate less.

Upvote 0
You could try turning off collisions on the cuffs and mess around parent linking the hands to the cuffs as a work around. But if you want collisions enabled, in the physics tab try turning up the hold position/rotation springs of the rhand & lhand controls to see if they vibrate less.

I got to try that. I was using an asset where the cuffs were part of the larger prop that I wanted to keep collisions on for.

I wonder if there is a way to easily create invisible "control surfaces" that I could have collision on for, like floor for example while having it off for all the visual stuff? It's hard to get persons to stand, sit etc. naturally without something for them to collide on.

Upvote 0
Here is one solution for adding invisible colliders.

Add a cube from the shapes tab in the add atom menu. It says cube, but you can reshape it's xyz scale to make a plane surface.
Once you reshape to desired shape and size you can turn the alpha adjust in materials tab all the way down to make it invisible.

PhysicsTest_NoColliders.png
PhysicsTest_WithColliders.png
PhysicsTest_WithColliders_Alpha.png

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom