Herman Makkink's Rocking Machine Sculpture

Assets Herman Makkink's Rocking Machine Sculpture

VaMDeV

Staff member
Developer
Reactions
VaMDeV submitted a new resource:

Herman Makkink's Rocking Machine Sculpture - As seen in the movie "A Clockwork Orange"

The Herman Makkink Rocking Machine Sculpture as seen in the movies "A Clockwork Orange" and "Dropout".

Load it using a CustomUnityAsset Atom. An FBX is included within the assetbundle so you can texture this as you wish.

Enjoy!

"In the late sixties and early seventies, we, London based artists, felt terribly hip. We didn’t want to fight the establishment so much as shock them. Pop Art was in full swing and so was the sexual revolution, so I combined a penis with a beautifully shaped...

Read more about this resource...

Hello,

I was wondering if you can help me please.

I have created an asset (CUA), a gold ring, but when I bring it into VaM it loses it's "goldness". You can see on the ring a couple of small areas where the "goldness" is showing but the rest of the ring isn't shiny gold like your Rocking Machine Sculpture.

When I move the Rocking Machine Sculpture closer to the ring, the Sculpture loses some of its "goldness" and gets that greenish tint but when I move it away, it returns to normal. I'm not completely proficient in Unity just yet, but I think it has to do with the Bounding Volume of my Reflection Probe. When the Sculpture comes in contact with my ring Reflection Probe Bounding Volume, it gets affected by my Reflection Probe (I believe this is the case but I could be wrong).

So that leads me to believe I've set up my Reflection Probe incorrectly, although it looks like it should in Unity (2018.1.9f2) but for some reason doesn't in VaM.

I've been working on this for days and I'm stumped and don't know what else to try. Can you give me your opinion of what I may be doing wrong or some guidance on how to properly configure for a nice gold reflection in VaM like yours?

Thank you.

Hello,

I was wondering if you can help me please.

I have created an asset (CUA), a gold ring, but when I bring it into VaM it loses it's "goldness". You can see on the ring a couple of small areas where the "goldness" is showing but the rest of the ring isn't shiny gold like your Rocking Machine Sculpture.

When I move the Rocking Machine Sculpture closer to the ring, the Sculpture loses some of its "goldness" and gets that greenish tint but when I move it away, it returns to normal. I'm not completely proficient in Unity just yet, but I think it has to do with the Bounding Volume of my Reflection Probe. When the Sculpture comes in contact with my ring Reflection Probe Bounding Volume, it gets affected by my Reflection Probe (I believe this is the case but I could be wrong).

So that leads me to believe I've set up my Reflection Probe incorrectly, although it looks like it should in Unity (2018.1.9f2) but for some reason doesn't in VaM.

I've been working on this for days and I'm stumped and don't know what else to try. Can you give me your opinion of what I may be doing wrong or some guidance on how to properly configure for a nice gold reflection in VaM like yours?

Thank you.

View attachment 320167
I suspect that you may not have an environment inside your scene file that the reflection probe can build a reflection map off of? I don't have a reflection probe attached to it at all inside the asset bundle.

Also Fwiw, I put the smoothness of my Metallic channel down to 0.8 otherwise it looks to dark in VaM.

1704216082310.png

I don't have a reflection probe attached to it at all inside the asset bundle.

Ah, okay, I see now. I mistakenly thought a reflection probe was necessary, now I know better.

Thank you!

goldtoering.jpg

Back
Top Bottom