Question Help! I Saved over my scene with the .Var version I created in package builder!

tom.ace1776

Reactions
Help! I Saved over my scene with the ".Var" version I created in package builder! Now all the buttons are pointing to presets from the old version of my scene, which I think is creating some bugs and drastically extending load times on these UI buttons. Is there any way to make the presets point to my main presets not some presets from early versions of my scene??? do I have to go through the UI button settings 1 by 1 and change them all back???? please help

you could open the scene .json in a text editor and check the presets links (search for /Custom). if they have some prefix to some plugin like "{prefix}:/" remove that. A normal scene should have links starting like "Custom/", no prefix unless you're referencing stuff from var packages. I recommend a backup first just in case

Upvote 0
you could open the scene .json in a text editor and check the presets links (search for /Custom). if they have some prefix to some plugin like "{prefix}:/" remove that. A normal scene should have links starting like "Custom/", no prefix unless you're referencing stuff from var packages. I recommend a backup first just in case

I will try this thank you

Upvote 0
Just wanna add...

Using only "Custom/..." with no prefix is fine inside presets (.vap or legacy .json) for morphs/textures/clothing/any local references.

But inside scenes (.json) you wanna use prefix "SELF:/Custom/....." for local references.
example: "presetFilePath" : "SELF:/Custom/Atom/Person/Appearance/MyPreset.vap"

I remember trying "Custom/..." for image reference (material tab) and it didn't wanna load until i added prefix than it worked.

EDIT: When i think about it, could be package builder thing (since any local scene references inside package are referenced as SELF), something to keep in mind if you plan to manually rebuilding package

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just wanna add...

Using only "Custom/..." with no prefix is fine inside presets (.vap or legacy .json) for morphs/textures/clothing/any local references.

But inside scenes (.json) you wanna use prefix "SELF:/Custom/....." for local references.
example: "presetFilePath" : "SELF:/Custom/Atom/Person/Appearance/MyPreset.vap"

I remember trying "Custom/..." for image reference (material tab) and it didn't wanna load until i added prefix than it worked.

EDIT: When i think about it, could be package builder thing (since any local scene references inside package are referenced as SELF), something to keep in mind if you plan to manually rebuilding package

fuck this just went way over my head

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom