nobutyea

Reactions
nobutyea submitted a new resource:

Hello World - plugin basics - Step 1 of building your first plugin

First a few nuggets of knowledge

There are 3 types of plugins.

Scene plugins scope of the plugin is this scene when it is loaded
Session plugins scope is this session, for all scenes until you close VaM
Atom plugins do something with an atom - including 'people'.

Plugins are simply *.cs script files (Mono C# - Microsofts open source variation of .Net framework)

They derive from (or extend - or inherit from)...

Read more about this resource...

I tried the plugin builder but I always get the message "Quelldatei "\virt-a-mate\Custom\Scripts\MeshedVR\Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs" was not found. PluginBuilder D:\virt-a-mate\Custom\Scripts\MeshedVR\CSC 1 Aktiv

I don't understand why you had issues getting proper intellisense in VS Code. If I open PluginBuilder.sln file using this plug-in, it works exactly like Visual Studio:

Granted, I did this after fully installing all the prerequisites in Visual Studio, so maybe it enabled something you didn't have.

I made the switch to VS Code after discovering that Visual Studio's keyboard shortcut options are absolute trash. The straw that broke the camel's back for me is that there is no Toggle Comment option. You can only set shortcuts for Comment and Uncomment which completely breaks the development workflow that I use daily in VS Code. Other notable exclusions are no Copy Line Down / Up. I'm sure I would have found more.

Also, VS Code has a much more intuitive command access pattern with ctrl+shift+P and a huge suite of quality of life extensions including my favorite color themes and easy keyboard-only ways to change them between Dark / Light depending on the time of day in my window-lit room.

Back
Top Bottom