Helium Balloons Pack

Assets Helium Balloons Pack

Pulsion_one

Reactions
Pulsion_one submitted a new resource:

Helium Balloons Pack - 30 helium balloons with physics & collider

View attachment 297890
A pack of 30 balloons with physics, colliders and an infinite quantity of helium !
It stay at the place where you popped in with a slight fluctuation to help you to dynamize your scene and background !

The pack contains:
  • 10 base colors
  • 5 event themes (halloween, christmas, new year, valentine, birthday)
  • 15 misc balloons (abstract, sex sentence, VAM, ...)
Purpose of use:
- Dynamize your scenes...

Read more about this resource...

This is my first asset with physics and colliders on unity, any suggestion are welcome !
I'm also searching an idea for another asset with simple physics to continue my learning on unity , feel free to share your idea with me :)

This package won't show up in VAM, not sure what is up with it but I can't find either the package name or assets.

This package won't show up in VAM, not sure what is up with it but I can't find either the package name or assets.

Hello, just tried right now by downloading the var package on the hub and it work .

- Download the .var from the hub
- Place it on your AddonPackages folder
- Open VAM
- Open your scene
- Go in edit mode then : Select -> Scene Add Atom -> Misc -> CustomUnityAsset -> Add Atom
- Then select Pulsion_one.balloon_pack.1.var from the AddonPackages folder and select one balloon .
- Finally, open the "Asset" selectbox and switch from "None" to the balloon .

Hope this will help you :)

Ahh yes, that is an unusual method but it works.

Very strange it doesn't show up in the filtered lists or in the sidebar search, maybe there is an issue with the way it was packaged? Bad Meta.json perhaps?

Ahh yes, that is an unusual method but it works.

Very strange it doesn't show up in the filtered lists or in the sidebar search, maybe there is an issue with the way it was packaged? Bad Meta.json perhaps?
I'm not sure about the problem, I'll check this .

This is my first asset with physics and colliders on unity, any suggestion are welcome !
Suggestion about package:
1) Location is not optimal, assets should go inside "Custom" folder and not "Saves". (example Custom/Assets/Pulsion_one/ballon pack/)
This way package is listed on Shortcuts (left side) when you wanna select/load file, also inside package manager under unity assets.
2) VaM have thumbnail image support for asset files (inside file browser), all you need is 512x512 jpg image next to asset file with same file name.

Usually when you wanna load asset (when inside "correct" location):
- add CUA atom (shortcut is "blue cube" on UI panel to preselect)
- select "Pulsion_one.balloon_pack.1" on shortcut list (only packages containing assets are listed, if they are inside correct location)
- select desired file (this is easier with thumbnails when there are multiple files)
Takes less clicking and searching inside "Root" everytime you wanna load asset.

Suggestion about package:
1) Location is not optimal, assets should go inside "Custom" folder and not "Saves". (example Custom/Assets/Pulsion_one/ballon pack/)
This way package is listed on Shortcuts (left side) when you wanna select/load file, also inside package manager under unity assets.
2) VaM have thumbnail image support for asset files (inside file browser), all you need is 512x512 jpg image next to asset file with same file name.

Usually when you wanna load asset (when inside "correct" location):
- add CUA atom (shortcut is "blue cube" on UI panel to preselect)
- select "Pulsion_one.balloon_pack.1" on shortcut list (only packages containing assets are listed, if they are inside correct location)
- select desired file (this is easier with thumbnails when there are multiple files)
Takes less clicking and searching inside "Root" everytime you wanna load asset.
Thanks, I'll take a look and update the package .
I'll also take care about my next package .

Thanks

edit:
If I'm updating now the dir to /custom/Assets/Pulsion_one/ballon_pack, won't this create a problem for the user who use the old dir ?
thanks for your time

If I'm updating now the dir to /custom/Assets/Pulsion_one/ballon_pack, won't this create a problem for the user who use the old dir ?
thanks for your time
True, this is one of drawbacks if you change location or rename anything.
It was a suggestion, but in my opinion this resource is still fresh enough so you are forgiven for any "drastic" changes.
Better than waiting few months to adress it, when more users are affected by change. ;)

When inside correct folder it's more user-friendly than searching for assets everytime you wanna load. Suggestion about thumbnails is just extra QoL.

True, this is one of drawbacks if you change location or rename anything.
It was a suggestion, but in my opinion this resource is still fresh enough so you are forgiven for any "drastic" changes.
Better than waiting few months to adress it, when more users are affected by change. ;)

When inside correct folder it's more user-friendly than searching for assets everytime you wanna load. Suggestion about thumbnails is just extra QoL.
Thanks for your time, currently on the fix to publish it asap :)

Back
Top Bottom