Question Has anyone considered adding input from an API from openai?

HDLC

Reactions
Ive been talking to ChatGPT, and it seems like he (yes i call it a he) can handle coding something like this, but he doesnt know what virtamate is and i cant ask directly. it would be amazing to just have even the older GPT3 model in vam to ask questions to. wouldnt be hard to add a decent text to speech voice, or even an adjustable or multi-selectable one. I haven't done any programming or game development type stuff in like 25 years and I wasn't a professional then, so my knowledge is limited but Chat can easily fill the gaps and where he slips up i know enough to steer him back to what im trying for.

im just slowly starting to look into this more and more the last few days, but surely i'm not the only one. this could be the very first true (in the sense that conversations feel meaningful, not that its a true and aware AI), AI companion. The watershed is here :D

wouldnt be hard to add a decent text to speech voice
you say that based on what though?

openai's policy is against sexual content

a 'normal' integration that keeps things simple would get shut down quickly imo. the only way around it is to make each vam user go through the process of getting their own API key and if they stray from the PG-13 path only they get banned. You're gonna say that's it's fine and you don't mind but there's very few users that would bother with all that and for devs that can do it I think it's not really worth the effort. They'd spend more hours building it than the count of people that would actually use it

Upvote 0
you say that based on what though?

openai's policy is against sexual content

a 'normal' integration that keeps things simple would get shut down quickly imo. the only way around it is to make each vam user go through the process of getting their own API key and if they stray from the PG-13 path only they get banned. You're gonna say that's it's fine and you don't mind but there's very few users that would bother with all that and for devs that can do it I think it's not really worth the effort. They'd spend more hours building it than the count of people that would actually use it

The solution might be https://novelai.net/ they allow API access with your subscription key to them. Not as good as OpenAI of course, but Krake is pretty good with 20b parameters on the Opus tier.
NovelAI was created by those that fled the bastardization of AI Dungeon. There's NO censorship on there, images or text generation. Anything goes..!
I was tinkering with this today with a chatbot with avatar, Amazing! https://github.com/TavernAI/TavernAI
If only we could get something like this implemented for Virt-A-Mate... KoboldAI locally is out of the question unless using another computer in the local network to handle the task while running Virt-A-Mate alongside same network different computer. So something like that program that allows you to choose KoboldAI or NovelAI would be fucking awesome..!

Upvote 0
looks nice

technically it's pretty easy, it could be done by noob devs in a couple of days with the caveat of using a local server as a proxy. i actually did something like that a while ago with the difference that the api that I was calling was an aiml chatbot api

i don't think people rushed or will rush to do it like that for a very long list of reasons

Upvote 0
looks nice

technically it's pretty easy, it could be done by noob devs in a couple of days with the caveat of using a local server as a proxy. i actually did something like that a while ago with the difference that the api that I was calling was an aiml chatbot api

i don't think people rushed or will rush to do it like that for a very long list of reasons

Yeah, it would be very cool to have eventually if anyone ever does it. But ever since VamStory 2 came out though I've been using your Fraemework plugin or CLS for 3rd person and boy has it got me excited! Btw thanks for your plugins, I'll be sure to subscribe to your Patreon when I get off work today. You and hazmhox have made my day with these plugins!(y)

Upvote 0
thanks! if you do and are interested in AI and missed stable diffusion, you might want to check there my posts on images AI stuff too
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled3.jpg

Upvote 0
to bring it back on topic, I think RegoloEngine was trying to do proper AI in VAM but he quit last year unfortunately

i haven't tried any of his more recent stuff but maybe others here did and have more info on that

Upvote 0
Ive been talking to ChatGPT, and it seems like he (yes i call it a he) can handle coding something like this, but he doesnt know what virtamate is and i cant ask directly. it would be amazing to just have even the older GPT3 model in vam to ask questions to. wouldnt be hard to add a decent text to speech voice, or even an adjustable or multi-selectable one. I haven't done any programming or game development type stuff in like 25 years and I wasn't a professional then, so my knowledge is limited but Chat can easily fill the gaps and where he slips up i know enough to steer him back to what im trying for.

im just slowly starting to look into this more and more the last few days, but surely i'm not the only one. this could be the very first true (in the sense that conversations feel meaningful, not that its a true and aware AI), AI companion. The watershed is here :D

I actually thought SPQR would be the one to crack this. His plugins are excellent, btw, try them. But he was correct to follow his instincts not to invest too much time in researching the idea of embodying an AI in VAM. Here's a video from last April. True Embodied AI. A Commercial Instance of GTP3 + Other Neural Nets in a VAM Model. Done it! | Virt-A-Mate Hub (virtamate.com) It was all built, by me, using FREE plugins.

In that video is a VAM model connected to ReplikaAI, which as far as I know is kind of GTP either 3 or an adapted Neo. The original is a GTP2 which you can download from Github, minus its pretrained responses.

I've also built chatbots and integrated them with VAM. I spent fucking weeks/months in UK Lockdown watching how-to-Python chatbot building Udemy videos and learning how to use Transformers and GTP Neo. I have spent more bloody weeks than I care to remember listening to TTS- generated voices, paid-for and free, and trying to figure out how to get Windows Speech Recogintion to recognize when it didn't understand a user's question instead of simply not giving a reply. I could probably write non-technical PhD on the implications of the use of machine learning and chatbots in VAM or similar game engines.

It's lot of fun initially, but as SPQR observes in another post, as is the case with chatbots, the AI interaction simply gets BORING after a while. I personally concluded that I don't think it's worth the effort of development to the enjoyment reward. Don't forget, if you're writing the chatbot's responses, you already know what its answers to your questions will be.

With any GTP ( its not a 'chatbot') you're going to have to figure out huge amount of weighting, and I never really got the hang of it. Then you're going to have to create a TTS/STT interface, and develop or pay for a human-sounding neural voice that doesn't grate on your ears. Much better off paying a monthly sub to Replika and let their professional team of coders and MLEs handle it, in my opinion, if that's what you still want to do.

The thing to bear in mind with VAM, there are SO many other ways to interact with a model, and combinations of plugins that are way more interesting. But don't take it from me, try it for yourself. I can understand the lure of the concept, but I'd wait another five, ten years to see what the GTPs become and then work towards using them for humanlike interaction in VAM.

Sorry if that's not the answer you wanted to hear, but it's the truth, at least as I came to see it. It just becomes BORING, after a while.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
for anyone interested to integrate any API to vam, this might help

The fastest way to get it done is to use a local server (laragon, xampp, python) and integrate it there, prepare the data and create and endpoint to send it to vam.
Then, in vam, using what I'm doing in that plugin, you can get the data from the api by accessing it through your endpoint (e.g. "http://localhost/getResponse?message=hello")

but you can use that approach to connect to apis directly from vam too if you're good in C#

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom