Question Green Sex Doll and Color Passthrough Mixed Reality.

Voltage

Reactions
Hey everyone. I have seen many conversations about color passthrough and mixed reality mods. I am curious if green objects in real life are alpha channeled like the background in scenes. I haven't used Vam in about a year now. What if you purchased a green sex doll, so it's invisible in your AR vision? Then you have a Vam girl getting fucked and it looks and feels like you're fucking her? Is that possible?

I think this does not work in that way, and is not possible to get access to the camera from any headset, they forbid this because of "privacy and security" that's really sad, having AR with VAM could be amazing

Upvote 0
I think this does not work in that way, and is not possible to get access to the camera from any headset, they forbid this because of "privacy and security" that's really sad, having AR with VAM could be amazing

It's possible with the Reality Mixer app on Steam. Can also do chroma key/green screen stuff which might be a starting step towards what op wants.

Upvote 0
It's possible with the Reality Mixer app on Steam. Can also do chroma key/green screen stuff which might be a starting step towards what op wants.
Can you explain it better? from what I understand "Reality Mixer" is to do the opposite, not to "hide" something green in real life, but to "show" something from real life in our 3D environment.
I think he wants to hide his doll, and replace it with a girl from VAM

Upvote 0
Can you explain it better? from what I understand "Reality Mixer" is to do the opposite, not to "hide" something green in real life, but to "show" something from real life in our 3D environment.
I think he wants to hide his doll, and replace it with a girl from VAM

The default functionality is to show real world stuff. If the chromakey option is used though, from what I understand it could "hide" anything in the real view that is the chromakey color.

Upvote 0
The default functionality is to show real world stuff. If the chromakey option is used though, from what I understand it could "hide" anything in the real view that is the chromakey color.
That's weird, do you have more info or some example of that? because from what I know is not possible to read the image from the camera, so is not possible to know there is something "green" there to replace.
There are some hacks but they don't work very well (and they are using for tracking objects but you cannot hide/oclude the object with some 3D object because it will hide the tracker then)

Upvote 0
That's weird, do you have more info or some example of that? because from what I know is not possible to read the image from the camera, so is not possible to know there is something "green" there to replace.
There are some hacks but they don't work very well (and they are using for tracking objects but you cannot hide/oclude the object with some 3D object because it will hide the tracker then)

Sorry, can't find any examples. You're right though, reading the discussions page it sounds like most headsets don't support the chroma key, but there's support for external cameras which would work.

Upvote 0
Here there is a hack to access the camera:
But I think it only works for apps inside the headset

Maybe another way is to stream scrcpy, read trackers or do some magic there to understand better the correct position/size for our 3D girl, not sure if this is possible

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom