GizmosSystem (Scene auxiliary display)

Plugins GizmosSystem (Scene auxiliary display)

Thanks ffor update. Here is some more suggestion:

1. Option to choose color for each person and save it on session plugins. Current random color is bad.
1661771359987.png

thanks for your feedback.
1.It has always been supported to set colors separately for each Person.
Look at the arrows in the figure.
2. Session plug-in should not support saving.

View attachment 152084
thanks for your feedback.
1.It has always been supported to set colors separately for each Person.
Look at the arrows in the figure.
2. Session plug-in should not support saving.

Yes i know i can change color. But everytime it's just random color for each person. Doing same thing again and again is not a good thing.

FeatureRequests:

1) Could you modify the "selected node" symbol? (The white-in-blue thingy that shows up when you select a controller-node)? Something more like an arrow with a fat foot? (Like so "O->"). Make the "foot" roughly as large as the default node symbol & the "arrow" thick enough to be visible. Best would be if both could be adjusted in size/linewidth.

2) Show the "arrow with a fat foot" symbol for ALL nodes that are members a (pre-)defined group? (not only the selected node). Important groupings would be the three peen nodes and the four vagina-triggers (labia_trigger + three vag_triggers). Additional group: All three peen nodes PLUS hip node PLUS pelvis node.

This would GREATLY help visualizing node's orientation during a running penetration anim.

2b) Customizable groupings.

2c) "Arrows with a fat foot" BOTH for the object node and its respective controller node (if active). Optionally connect the "feet" with a thin line (blue?).

This could be a great help for spotting "strain" in poses & animations - i.e when an objectnode is having difficulty following its active controller's position or ORIENTATION (right now, with the default symbols, you can't easily spot whether the orientation of a control-node and it's objec-node differ).

Lala-Happyland-Feature:

3) Splines/Curved lines: Use smth line a Cadmull-Rom spline & throw it at a linerender. Make it so that the "knots" (what would be the "AnimationStep"-atoms in VaM) can be attached to objectnodes and/or controlnodes. Create default splines for the node-groups specified in point 2).

[Optionally: Add adjustable tangent-handles to adjust the length of the In/Out tangents at every "knot". Like so:

BSplineCommand03.png

"Balanced" tangents would probably suffice (ie. Out_tangent = -In_tangent)

Actually, the "tangent handles" are already implemented in the AnimationPattern/AnimationStep classes, but VaM doesn't render them - iirc, you can see them if you create an AnimPattern curve & point one of AcidBubbles' Toolbox plugins at "AnimationStep_SomethingSomething_In/Out/InOut". OR SOMETHING like that - sorry, been a while ago. Far as I remember, they are even "grabable" (within limits - if you grab & move the tangenthandle, it won't update immediately. Iirc, it'll update once you "ungrab" ... or was it that you have to refresh the Animpattern? Sorry, kinda fuzzy on the dets)]

Super-duper-optional:
3b) Option to compute tangent/normal/binormal for every point on the curve.
3c) "Normalize" the curve - ie. create a curve that is identical to the spline, but depends on the arclength, rather than the splineparameter. Reason is that in a "naive" spline, the "in-curve velocity" is non-constant.

Coolest thing ever would be if you could do the same for (selectable subgroups of) skin vertices.

Last edited:
FeatureRequests:

1) Could you modify the "selected node" symbol? (The white-in-blue thingy that shows up when you select a controller-node)? Something more like an arrow with a fat foot? (Like so "O->"). Make the "foot" roughly as large as the default node symbol & the "arrow" thick enough to be visible. Best would be if both could be adjusted in size/linewidth.

2) Show the "arrow with a fat foot" symbol for ALL nodes that are members a (pre-)defined group? (not only the selected node). Important groupings would be the three peen nodes and the four vagina-triggers (labia_trigger + three vag_triggers). Additional group: All three peen nodes PLUS hip node PLUS pelvis node.

This would GREATLY help visualizing node's orientation during a running penetration anim.

2b) Customizable groupings.

2c) "Arrows with a fat foot" BOTH for the object node and its respective controller node (if active). Optionally connect the "feet" with a thin line (blue?).

This could be a great help for spotting "strain" in poses & animations - i.e when an objectnode is having difficulty following its active controller's position or ORIENTATION (right now, with the default symbols, you can't easily spot whether the orientation of a control-node and it's objec-node differ).

Lala-Happyland-Feature:

3) Splines/Curved lines: Use smth line a Cadmull-Rom spline & throw it at a linerender. Make it so that the "knots" (what would be the "AnimationStep"-atoms in VaM) can be attached to objectnodes and/or controlnodes. Create default splines for the node-groups specified in point 2).

[Optionally: Add adjustable tangent-handles to adjust the length of the In/Out tangents at every "knot". Like so:

BSplineCommand03.png

"Balanced" tangents would probably suffice (ie. Out_tangent = -In_tangent)

Actually, the "tangent handles" are already implemented in the AnimationPattern/AnimationStep classes, but VaM doesn't render them - iirc, you can see them if you create an AnimPattern curve & point one of AcidBubbles' Toolbox plugins at "AnimationStep_SomethingSomething_In/Out/InOut". OR SOMETHING like that - sorry, been a while ago. Far as I remember, they are even "grabable" (within limits - if you grab & move the tangenthandle, it won't update immediately. Iirc, it'll update once you "ungrab" ... or was it that you have to refresh the Animpattern? Sorry, kinda fuzzy on the dets)]

Super-duper-optional:
3b) Option to compute tangent/normal/binormal for every point on the curve.
3c) "Normalize" the curve - ie. create a curve that is identical to the spline, but depends on the arclength, rather than the splineparameter. Reason is that in a "naive" spline, the "in-curve velocity" is non-constant.

Coolest thing ever would be if you could do the same for (selectable subgroups of) skin vertices.
Wow, you have written a lot. Thanks. I will try my best to achieve it when I am free.

想但是不能,似乎是不可调和的。这点我在简介里也说明了 :)
呜呜呜,实在不习惯BlenderLikeOperation,误操作按了两下G直接回到原点了,替换不掉PowerHandle又没法割舍控制点变色和灯光范围显示,我只能把整个SetAtomControllerIcon()删了

Last edited:
呜呜呜,实在不习惯BlenderLikeOperation,误操作按了两下G直接回到原点了,替换不掉PowerHandle又没法割舍控制点变色和灯光范围显示,我只能把整个SetAtomControllerIcon()删了
尊重你的选择,但如果你习惯使用Blender的话。BlenderLikeOperation还是不错的

尊重你的选择,但如果你习惯使用Blender的话。BlenderLikeOperation还是不错的
嗯嗯,之前完全没用过Blender,所以很不习惯,感谢制作这些超级好用的插件!
我又试了一下,发现还是不忍心去掉自定义图标,太有用了,所以我转头去改了PowerHandle,结果成了!现在完美解决了~
由作者发修改版应该是违规的吧,我以个人名义把我用的修改版发出来,后来者有需要的自取,cs文件拖入var覆盖原文件即可,去掉了图标大小控制,因为这部分与GizmosSystem的功能重复了,也是冲突所在。

If you find that the custom person controllers disappear when using this plugin and PowerHandles at the same time, you can choose the following modified version to overwrite the original PowerHandles, I removed the "Gizmo Scale" of PowerHandles, because the function is repeated, which is also the conflict.
I publish modified versions in my own name, not related to PluginIdea.

Attachments

• MacGruber_PowerHandles.cs
    11 KB · Views: 0
What is the blender like operation? like press X/Y/Z and drag to move object along the world coordinate axis X/Y/Z?

Hello @PluginIdea Thank you so much for the update, I use it every day, although I am experiencing a couple bugs. I don't know if this is just on my end or what.
  • In VR, the wireframe shows correctly in the LEFT eye, but off-set in the right eye,
  • To address the above issue, I try to disable "IS Draw" in my settings, then I tried to save this setting in the Session Plugin Preset Tab > Set as Current User Defaults, but it doesn't seem to persist when I reload VAM.
1676849109221.png

Thoughts?

Hello @PluginIdea Thank you so much for the update, I use it every day, although I am experiencing a couple bugs. I don't know if this is just on my end or what.
  • In VR, the wireframe shows correctly in the LEFT eye, but off-set in the right eye,
  • To address the above issue, I try to disable "IS Draw" in my settings, then I tried to save this setting in the Session Plugin Preset Tab > Set as Current User Defaults, but it doesn't seem to persist when I reload VAM.
View attachment 214005

Thoughts?
OK,I will see.

PluginIdea updated GizmosSystem with a new update entry:

Fix the all feedback problems, Support Camera, Topological logic optimization..

This update adds some core functions.
And fixed all known problems, and strongly recommended to update!
1. Fixed the problem reflected by users after the last update.
2. Added auxiliary line drawing of the camera.
View attachment 215276
3. Topology display logic optimization. Now when you click the mouse in the blank space, the topology will be canceled.
View attachment 215277

Read the rest of this update entry...

Exception during plugin script Init: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,UnityEngine.Mesh].get_Item (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PluginIdea.GizmosSystem.FreeControllerModule+<SetAtomControllerIcon>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 (.FreeControllerV3 v3) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[FreeControllerV3].ForEach (System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PluginIdea.GizmosSystem.FreeControllerModule.SetAtomControllerIcon (.Atom atom, Boolean customIcon) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PluginIdea.GizmosSystem.FreeControllerModule.<RefreshAtomControllerIcon>m__2 (.Atom atom) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Atom].ForEach (System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PluginIdea.GizmosSystem.FreeControllerModule.RefreshAtomControllerIcon () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PluginIdea.GizmosSystem.FreeControllerModule.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PluginIdea.GizmosSystem.GizmosSystem.RegisterModule (System.String key, PluginIdea.GizmosSystem.GZModuleBase module) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PluginIdea.GizmosSystem.GizmosSystem.EventInit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PluginIdea.GizmosSystem.GizmosSystem.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MVRPluginManager.CreateScriptController (.MVRPlugin mvrp, DynamicCSharp.ScriptType type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This is the error I'm getting since updating to this version.

Hi, errors occur when loading the plugin as a session plugin. I tried VAM 1.21 and 1.22 , errors with both versons as following.

!> Exception during plugin script Init: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,UnityEngine.Mesh].get_Item (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PluginIdea.GizmosSystem.FreeControllerModule+<SetAtomControllerIcon>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 (.FreeControllerV3 v3) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[FreeControllerV3].ForEach (System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PluginIdea.GizmosSystem.FreeControllerModule.SetAtomControllerIcon (.Atom atom, Boolean customIcon) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PluginIdea.GizmosSystem.FreeControllerModule.<RefreshAtomControllerIcon>m__2 (.Atom atom) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Atom].ForEach (System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PluginIdea.GizmosSystem.FreeControllerModule.RefreshAtomControllerIcon () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PluginIdea.GizmosSystem.FreeControllerModule.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PluginIdea.GizmosSystem.GizmosSystem.RegisterModule (System.String key, PluginIdea.GizmosSystem.GZModuleBase module) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PluginIdea.GizmosSystem.GizmosSystem.EventInit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PluginIdea.GizmosSystem.GizmosSystem.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MVRPluginManager.CreateScriptController (.MVRPlugin mvrp, DynamicCSharp.ScriptType type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Ok, I'll have a look.
Hope you can make the plugin work with 1.22, you are great!
Sorry, after repeated tests, I have been unable to reproduce this problem.In fact, in my case, it worked well at 1.22.So you need to check your game settings, and if you have any questions, you can contact me and provide more detailed information.

Back
Top Bottom