• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Giving Credit

4play

Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
I've read through the rules and terms of the website, but I'm not really sure where the rules are for crediting resources?

I purposely use only hub hosted resources so that they are naturally referenced within the dependencies list with links to the creators - obviously if I used anything non-hub hosted I would give credit within the post linking to that resource.

Is there an issue with this? I've been posting anywhere from 2-5 looks a day, and honestly it would be discouraging to have to have to add crediting everything manually to my process.

It may not be clear on the Hub terms, but it is related to the licenses in use in the resources. Anything marked with CC BY or similar means you need to credit the creator.

That said, many creators are probably ok without credit on the resource overview page and are ok with just having their work listed on the dependencies page or mentioned inside the var file in the notes section. If we receive a report from a creator that you did not give proper credit, we will remove your resource and ask you to repost with proper credit on the overview page. We will not automatically remove resources that don't give credit on the overview page without a report from the original creator.

Where CC BY really applies is a lot of times people use other resources by modifying and repacking that modified asset in their own resource such that it does not show up in the dependencies list. In that case it is really important to credit the original creator on the overview page since you made a derivative work and not just use it by reference.

Upvote 0
It may not be clear on the Hub terms, but it is related to the licenses in use in the resources. Anything marked with CC BY or similar means you need to credit the creator...

Thank you very much for the thorough explanation - in order to prevent any extra work from the mods I'll look to find a way to incorporate recording the creators who's works I use in each release so that I can more easily give credit to the creators when I post.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom