Dragontales

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Twitter
DragoninkV
Dragontales submitted a new resource:

Futuristic Dance Floor - A simple futuristic Dance floor

View attachment 27365

A simple and user friendly dance stage where the lights flash and pulsate to the beat of any specific music track.
Easily add your own songs to the scene
Easily change the light colors and turn them on and off for all sorts of various looks.
Turn on several special effects like fog and smoke for even more fun.

Dependencies
[COLOR=rgb(226, 80...[/SIZE]

Read more about this resource...

Hey can I ask how you made the lights pulse to the sounc? Is it custom code?

Edit: Oh... looks like it's native to VaM with the Audio Source Trigger Value/Quickness/Multiplier. Very nice.

Last edited:
Hey can I ask how you made the lights pulse to the sounc? Is it custom code?

Edit: Oh... looks like it's native to VaM with the audio Audio Source Trigger Value/Quickness/Multiplier. Very nice.
Yup. Native to VAM, though very very often underused.

Might be a dumb question, but I can't seem to find an option to add my own music?

Might be a dumb question, but I can't seem to find an option to add my own music?
Not a stupid question. VAM has menus in various places. To get to the scene audio tab, first make sure you're in Edit Mode. Then, click the top left button on the horizontal bar (should be above the star and has three horizontal lines). New tabs open up. The top one will be for "Scene Audio". this allows you to bring in new audio clips and songs. Once imported, go back to the plugin (might have to refresh, I think there's a button in the plugin to do that). Let me know if you get it to work.

Not a stupid question. VAM has menus in various places. To get to the scene audio tab, first make sure you're in Edit Mode. Then, click the top left button on the horizontal bar (should be above the star and has three horizontal lines). New tabs open up. The top one will be for "Scene Audio". this allows you to bring in new audio clips and songs. Once imported, go back to the plugin (might have to refresh, I think there's a button in the plugin to do that). Let me know if you get it to work.
Thanks for the help, Dragontales !
I'm not sure what I'm missing. I looked everywhere, lol. Of course I am in Edit Mode and clicked the menu. The Scene Audio button is not there. I do have a Scene Msc button at the top. Other are Scene Lighting etc. Loading the BVH Player as a Scene plug in, does not make a difference. Is the audio approachable in the VAR files ?

Thanks for the help, Dragontales !
I'm not sure what I'm missing. I looked everywhere, lol. Of course I am in Edit Mode and clicked the menu. The Scene Audio button is not there. I do have a Scene Msc button at the top. Other are Scene Lighting etc. Loading the BVH Player as a Scene plug in, does not make a difference. Is the audio approachable in the VAR files ?
What license for VAM do you have? You may need the full creator license (which is $8). You're definitely on the correct menu tabs, but I'm guessing you don't have the full creator license if the Scene Audio tab isn't showing. I've attached a screeshot of the full tab list. See below.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-09 063645.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-02-09 063645.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
What license for VAM do you have? You may need the full creator license (which is $8). You're definitely on the correct menu tabs, but I'm guessing you don't have the full creator license if the Scene Audio tab isn't showing. I've attached a screeshot of the full tab list. See below.
Yup, that was it. I'm on the entertainer level. I might have to upgrade :)
Thanks for the help !!

Yup, that was it. I'm on the entertainer level. I might have to upgrade :)
Thanks for the help !!
No worries. I definitely recommend the creator level. And it's not very much more. And you don't need to keep the pledge every month. You just need to do it when a new key is needed.

I see the scene audio option but I can only play them through there with the "test" option. How exactly do I add the song the scene itself to play with the play button?
The only dependency I don't have is the LogicBricks plugin. Don't tell me I need that? I have other scenes with music on them & they work without that plugin.
Is there another way to do it, is so how?

I see the scene audio option but I can only play them through there with the "test" option. How exactly do I add the song the scene itself to play with the play button?
The only dependency I don't have is the LogicBricks plugin. Don't tell me I need that? I have other scenes with music on them & they work without that plugin.
Is there another way to do it, is so how?
The scene is configured in a way to make it easy for people to use. This does include logic bricks which is a free plugin (he does release newer versions that are timed paid, but you should be able to find the one for this free). You can certainly make it work other ways but that requires changing how it's all set up and a knowledge of using triggers play music.

Back
Top Bottom