freckles as a clothing item

qoosh

Reactions
I'd like to see some hd photo-realistic skin freckles as a clothing item for the face, shoulders, chest, arms, legs, torso....it would be helpful to add realism to the characters.

Decals are very good, but I love having the option to edit the freckles as a clothing item (the color, transparency, size, etc) and you really can't do that as easily or quickly using decals.

This is the farthest I did go with freckles. So yeah, they are out there. And these are just decals. You can only attach one decal to a skin, unless you use VaM Decal Maker from Chokaphi, which I can highly recommend. I have more of her in my album. https://hub.virtamate.com/media/albums/my-characters-sfw.2007/

I can also link you everything i'm using.

1664650394.jpg

1664650459.jpg

This was a early version I had.

1597503896.jpg

1597590418.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, that does look very lovely.
I guess I could try decal maker, but every time I've had problems with it. Is there a simple tutorial to explain how to use it? I would like a way to blend different transparent textures without having to jump back and forth from photoshop all the time.
If you have played the WWE 2k games, think of how you add the decals in the create a wrestler mode. Is decal maker like that?

Thanks, that does look very lovely.
I guess I could try decal maker, but every time I've had problems with it. Is there a simple tutorial to explain how to use it? I would like a way to blend different transparent textures without having to jump back and forth from photoshop all the time.
If you have played the WWE 2k games, think of how you add the decals in the create a wrestler mode. Is decal maker like that?

It's a tool to add more decals to a character. It's not a tool where you create your own decal, but add infinite amount of decals to a character. It's very easy to use, you select torso, genitals, face or limbs, click on 'add image' and add the decal.

I can't imagine a world without this plugin. So usefull and easy to use.

Last edited:
I'll check it out. I just noticed there are blush packs and makeup packs, but no freckle packs for clothing. So I still think its possible to do it and I'd love to see it as an option. Thanks.

I'll check it out. I just noticed there are blush packs and makeup packs, but no freckle packs for clothing. So I still think its possible to do it and I'd love to see it as an option. Thanks.

Those freckles are a decal, you don't use them as a clothing piece. They are just a .jpg/.png file that you put on top of your character skin. You can do this without plugins, but then you can only use up to one decal per body part. With the VaM Decal Maker plugin, you can add more decals per body part.

VaM comes with a basic skin texture, you can download more higher resolution skin textures. You can easily put them over your default skin. They come in different layers, like a 'diffuse', 'specular', 'gloss', and 'normal' layer. You also have decal, but I leave this blank. Why? Because I use the plugin VaM Decal Maker. You can only put one decal layer on top of the skin. But with the VaM Decal Maker, you can add more per body part. For example like I did, freckles + tattoo on the limbs.

Here

Here is a example, in the first screenshot, she has a flower tattoo in the first picture, but doens't have any tattoo in the second. As you can see in the plugin, I added a 'flower.png' in the first one. You can also see the freckle decal in the screenshot. That's how I did it, it's just a jpg/png file. You don't wear it as a clothing piece, you add them as a jpg/png file on top of the skin. This is how easy it is! If you have trouble with this, contact me in private and I will share my discord and help you with it.

VaMf1.jpg

Vamf2.jpg

Last edited:
It's a really nice plugin. But after you create your layers and save the preset, is there a way to export your combined decals into one decal image (like a PNG file) that you can use separately without the plugin? Or does it only work with the plugin installed?

It's a really nice plugin. But after you create your layers and save the preset, is there a way to export your combined decals into one decal image (like a PNG file) that you can use separately without the plugin? Or does it only work with the plugin installed?

You want to combine all the decals to one decal? I think that's only possible with photoshop. I don't make decals myself, I don't have much expierence in photoshop.

Yeah, I use photoshop a lot. It is annoying to have to jump between the two programs. If decal maker had the option to "bake" the details together and export them into a single decal (PNG or JPG with 4k, 2k, 1k, 8k, 16k and transparency options) with a button click, that would be an awesome feature. Similar to morph merger, but for decals. You could call it "Decal merger"!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom