• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Flexibility

Swnd

Reactions
There is a point in flexibility where the VAM models limbs start to shake and tremble. Why is this and is there a way to influence it to get them to be more flexible? I find some positions to be impossible to create in VAM, but I can see some live human actors make them with ease. Mostly I think it's to do with limitations in the back and shoulders/arms and maybe neck. Any help? Thanks!

It depends on how much time you are willing to spend, you can use collider editor and adjust any collider you want, or you could disable any collider if its in your way :unsure:

Upvote 0
The mesh used on the models can only bend so far before distorting - the colliders appear to adjust the amount of bend available till that happens.
There must be a better way of adjusting poses for models that have more extreme "measurements" however - like if a person has smaller shoulder width than normal and the arm bends cause a fold to appear in what should be a bone.
Theres a plugin called collision explosion limiter or something - that prevents unusual bends.

Upvote 0
The limitations are inherent in the mesh, which came from Daz Genesis2. The oscillations are a Vam issue. Physics explosions often start as oscillations that go out of control. Here's hoping this is improved in 2.0, which may be a while...

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom