Question Fixing files - help needed

Greg1984

Reactions
Hi! I was using VAM and didn't realise that I was running out of disk space (I had no prompt or popup). VAM crashed and I couldn't open any sceens until I realised what was causing the problem. Now that I have freed up some space, the sceens load OK, but there is a lot of content missing. Mostly thumbnails for sceens and assets, but also textures. I tried fixing the files from VAM_updater.exe but it didn't help. Do you have any ideas on how to restore the missing content without having to reinstall everything? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

You could install a clean VaM version in a different folder, then copy your var files from the AddonPackages folder to that new version, but only the ones you know were untouched and working before the problem occurred. Then download all others again.

Upvote 0
You should also clear the cache in User Prefs. That may be what's causing thumbs not to appear. I'm not 100% certain of this, but it's easy to try. You can sort the vars by date in File Manager (not in game). Move or delete the ones from after and just before the crash started.

Upvote 0
You could install a clean VaM version in a different folder, then copy your var files from the AddonPackages folder to that new version, but only the ones you know were untouched and working before the problem occurred. Then download all others again.
isn't that going to break links to files? Additionaly it would be nearly impossible to go through all of the files to find the broken ones...

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom