Fixed (FIXED in 1.21.2.0 Issue started in 1.21.1.0) - Performance Monitor causes a number of problems (Transform Gizmo Mouse Over, 5 Second Pauses)

VamMoose

Reactions
I've been noticing a number of issues lately when building scenes or editing my looks. I found it was getting frustrating to try and manipulate nodes by clicking on them and trying to move their rotation or potion using the Transform Gizmo. I was initially just going to post this to show the symptoms, but then decided to dig further. I always noticed that it always cleared up when I restarted VAM, then I did the typical troubleshooting to remove session plugins, close other programs, update graphics drivers, etc.

I did my due diligance and discovered that turning ON the Performance Monitor seems to cause a number of strange issues. Demonstrated in the GIF below, trying to mouse over to click on a node, the "hitbox" is strangely offset in an oval shape. When I do manage to click on it, the transform axis (arrows or rings) also have a weird mouse over hitbox. Even if I hover it an arrow (or when the yellow appears) I still cannot manipulate that axis. Turning OFF the Performance Monitor clears all these issues up.

See below video (Recommend viewing it in HD).

Other things I've noticed which is not demonstrated is that clicking around anywhere (doesn't need to be on a node) would sometimes cause a 3-5 second hitch. The Performance Monitor would stop reporting FPS and my GPU usage would breifly drop to 0 on the Windows Task Manager.

Zooming in and out with the mouse wheel would sometimes not scroll.

Usually I don't have performance monitor enabled, but I did noticed somewhat "sluggish" behaviour in desktop mode with updated UI.
Though I was going crazy. 🤔
Didn't look too much into it... 🤷‍♂️

However I did noticed blue dot marker is visible (centered) when locking mouse movements (if new performance monitor is enabled).
PerfMonitor1.21.jpg

PerfMonitor1.20.jpg

I found another bug too.
When the performance monitor is turned on, an unresponsive mouse cursor area appears slightly to the left of the center of the screen.

Thanks for the reports. I have all of these fixed in upcoming 1.21.2 release. It was due to and invisible Performance Monitor UI panel meant for VR blocking the UI. Interestingly this problem was always there but it was limited to a very small section of the top of the screen, and in 1.21 it affected a much larger area due to the addition of the memory optimizer panel and button. That is what is blocking. I have fixed it so this invisible panel is now properly disabled in monitor mode or monitor-only mode.

I have fixed it so this invisible panel is now properly disabled in monitor mode or monitor-only mode.

Any chances of moving the monitor back to the left side where it used to be? I have plugins that assume the top right is free, now their UI is behind the monitor.

Back
Top Bottom