Face expressions

popov

Reactions
I know this was posted in the Requests-section earlier but i am re-posting this in Suggestions as I think this is a more correct place.
The face expressions in this video look amazing, so I have a hope that this is something which can be useful for VAM in the future!

In short Ziva ZRT Face Trainer is an extension for programs like Wrap3 or Maya, where you use the program to prepare your model's face by mapping your custom mesh to a generic human face using several control points. This data is then uploaded to a cloud service where the "training" is done using matching data from a huge register. This is used to make all thinkable muscular face deformations (or expressions) for a human face. I'm not sure what kind of data is returned and how it can be used either, hopefully you receive some kind of face morphs?

If you scroll down a couple of pages in this link there is a 4-step explanation of how to use the software. in the PREP-step is an explanation on how the model's face must be prepared before sending to the training-service. You will have to accept that the uploaded material can be used by the company.
The program seems to still be in development and can only be accessed by sending a request in the linked page. You only get some few trials for each user, so better do a good job at preparing the face at first :)
It would be fun if someone here will try this, as I don't own or have any clue about how to use these programs.
My dream for VAM is that you can include some kind of custom face morph set for each character which is used to give a specific face expression for that person!
Just look at a persons smile, they are often unique and may look very wrong on a different persons face.

Back
Top Bottom