Question Edit environment in game? Like move a chair, or remove an item thats in the way etc...

Battletoad08

Reactions
Is there a way to edit environments? There is a few that I would like to move a chair out of the way, some id like to remove paintings from walls. Remove stuff from a table etc...

Some environments I like had like way to much stuff on the bed causing making a scene on it difficult. Id like a way to remove these items. I tried that goldenpack thing with supermode but its really buggy.... It did work but wasnt worth the money.

Any other ideas?

It depends on the environment.

If it's a single whole asset, there is no way to edit it. If it's composed of several assets, you could move / remove them.

Some environments are build-in, using VAM shapes and props. Those are the most editable. You could literally change everything.
I've made some, like this one. RVU is an expert at this, you could check out their resources.

Upvote 0
If you want to go further than what ZRSX said, and if you willing to edit stuff in Unity, than
you can ripp the environment and re-build/edit it.
To do this, you will need a (free) ripping-tool for Unity assets.
This tool will grab the meshes and textures/materials from the asset.
Though, you will need to go the full way like described in those "how to create custom unity assets" tutorials, and sometimes you have to re-arrange the whole scene.
No one-click-solution at all.
Remember: never share those edited stuff without permission of the original creator! Just for personal use.
I know how it is to have a nice environment, but with some few disturbing oddities.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom