Easy Pose Biomechanics Rig - Turn Your Model Into a Supermodel and Superathlete with Simple Physics

Guides Easy Pose Biomechanics Rig - Turn Your Model Into a Supermodel and Superathlete with Simple Physics

AppetiteVisual

Reactions
Patreon
AppetiteVisual
AppetiteVisual submitted a new resource:

Easy Pose Biomechanics Rig - Turn Your Model Into a Supermodel and Superathlete with Simple Physics - Rig her atoms with my biomechanics theory and say goodbye explosions, hello supermodel poses.

We've all been there: hours fiddling with a pose, one little shift and you've messed everything up. You try and fix it, only to get an explosion that you can't stop. Then you realize, you didn't even your scene. You shut down Virt a Mate. Your disappointment is immeasurable and your day is ruined.

Why do you spend hours laboring on poses? Why can't you make them look good? Why does your model look like a poorly animated goon from an early 2000's video game?

Because she's just a poor...

Read more about this resource...

Is there any way to save the configured joint links? Every time I reset the pose, the previously set joint nodes return to their defaults. :)

Is there any way to save the configured joint links? Every time I reset the pose, the previously set joint nodes return to their defaults. :)

I honestly.. don't know. *Homer Simpson voice* I think that's part of what reset pose is meant to do. Maybe someone with a lot more experience than me knows, or can suggest a plugin that does it. It's all about Quality of Life, isn't it..

Wait just a minute, I think I found a solution for you. Use saved pose presets.

To make it, select your Person and go the Pose Presets tab. Hit Load Defaults. Then from that T-Pose, build the biomechanics rig as I have it described in the guide, with the atom settings and parent links.

Then, go back to Pose Presets, type in a name (I made mine BioRig Cat Spring just now), and click Create New Preset.

Boom, you saved the bio rig and can load it now. If you want a special pose different from the T-Post default, just make that pose instead. It should save the bio rig settings!

I haven't tried this myself but shouldn't this plugin do the trick? https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/person-controller-presets.15897/

Good suggestion! I just loaded it up and it seems to work well. The only thing it seems to not do, is save the parent link atoms, per atom. So it doesn't build the full rig. However, it does allow for quickly setting control settings (on/off/comply etc.).

So, if you were to reset a pose to defaults, you could use a preset you built with that plugin, then manually parent the elbows and knees and chest to the neck again, and parent the hips to the chest as well.

Oh, one more use I just tested with it - this is a good one - outside of the default pose situation, you can make one preset for action, and one preset for "Lift" mode. The one I described in the guide where elbows, knees, hips and chest are changed to Parent Link mode, and you lift the marionette by the neck and move it to a new place in the scene. That's a pretty useful function, and the plugin can make the switch faster.

You could also make a preset to switch the hands to a more poseable state, like the feet, if you're doing a punching sequence, as opposed to say, kicking.

Thanks.

Ok, so I've decided to run a scene only using this method. Looks interesting so will see how far I come and how timeline works with it :)
Will be an interesting experiment!

Wrote a prototype plugin to rigging the person, see here:

Save to a file, name it as "rig.cs" and copy it into "<VaM>\Custom\Scripts\".
Add it as plugin to the person you want to rig.

Wrote a prototype plugin to rigging the person, see here:

Save to a file, name it as "rig.cs" and copy it into "<VaM>\Custom\Scripts\".
Add it as plugin to the person you want to rig.

Nice, could you explain in detail what it does?

If you can prove that the finished version doesn't break, 100% of the time, without exception, and doesn't override or mess with anything, I will promote it.

For the following atoms, in the control tab, use the following settings:

Neck (the master atom) - Position On, Rotation On
Head - Position Comply, Rotation On
Chest - Position Comply, Rotation Comply. Parent Link to Neck
Hip - Position Comply, Rotation Comply, Parent Link to Chest
R and L Elbow - Position On, Rotation Off, Parent Link to Neck
R and L Hand - Position Off, Rotation Comply
R and L Knee - Position On, Rotation Off, Parent Link to Neck
R and L Foot - Position Comply, Rotation On
R and L Toe - Position Off, Rotation Comply
At the moment this parameter are hard coded when you add or reload the plugin.

First I tried to setup with triggers, but the LinkTo is not accessible.
Then I tried your guide to learn VaM programming and reduce the manual setup of the scene with different characters and poses.
After every new loaded pose only the plug needs to reloaded, this saves a lot of time.
Also playing with the riged setup there is a lot of improvement depending on the scene.

Last edited:
At the moment this parameter are hard coded when you add or reload the plugin.

First I tried to setup with triggers, but the LinkTo is not accessible.
Then I tried your guide to learn VaM programming and reduce the manual setup of the scene with different characters and poses.
After every new loaded pose only the plug needs to reloaded, this saves a lot of time.
Also playing with the riged setup there is a lot of improvement depending on the scene.

Cool! I will try and check out your plugin when I have some time. Yes, you can't set all the links and so forth with triggers sadly.

Back
Top Bottom