Discussion threads hidden/lost?

MacGruber

Invaluable member
Developer
Featured Contributor
Reactions
There is this old thread I wanted to push again now that the Hub is live:

However, I noticed the thread is not visible in the "Hub Feedback" section. I think there are page 1,2,3... buttons missing.

I can see it in the Feedback Overview:
1591011319585.png

I can't seem to replicate. It just looks like the autoscroll pager failed to page in more content for you. Could you try a different browser just to see?

I tried with Firefox and it worked...once. When I tried again, it didn't work anymore, despite clearing cookies, cache and everything. Something rather weird is going on. Tried also Chrome without Ingonito mode just in case it did block anything, doesn't work either. For some reason Chrome on my Android tablet displays things correctly, though.

I tried with Firefox and it worked...once. When I tried again, it didn't work anymore, despite clearing cookies, cache and everything. Something rather weird is going on. Tried also Chrome without Ingonito mode just in case it did block anything, doesn't work either. For some reason Chrome on my Android tablet displays things correctly, though.
Are you familiar with Chrome DevTools? If you hit Ctrl-Shift-I it will bring these up. Then click the Network tab. Reload this page: https://hub.virtamate.com/forums/hub-feedback.26/ As you start scrolling down, you should see queries like page-2?..., page-3?...

Do you see any errors in the console?

I think we are getting closer. It seems to have something to do with the size of the browser window, probably the height. I'm running on a 21:9 monitor with 3440x1440 resolution, my browser is usually docked to use half the screen (drag against left or right screen border), so the actual display size inside the browser without all toolbars and stuff is 1718x1287. There is no scrollbar displayed. If the size is just a few pixels less in height a scrollbar appears and everything works! Confirmed the same is happening with Firefox.

I think you need to find a way to enforce a scrollbar being there. Maybe make sure the page size is always a bit bigger than the window size.

I think we are getting closer. It seems to have something to do with the size of the browser window, probably the height. I'm running on a 21:9 monitor with 3440x1440 resolution, my browser is usually docked to use half the screen (drag against left or right screen border), so the actual display size inside the browser without all toolbars and stuff is 1718x1287. There is no scrollbar displayed. If the size is just a few pixels less in height a scrollbar appears and everything works! Confirmed the same is happening with Firefox.

I think you need to find a way to enforce a scrollbar being there. Maybe make sure the page size is always a bit bigger than the window size.
Thanks for the debug! I think I should be able to fix.

Back
Top Bottom