Question Daz to VaM

Jedi

Reactions
Hi,
Can someone please explain if it is possible to convert and import a DAZ Genesis 2 model into VaM so it shows up in the Creators Panel or anywhere. I have seen a bunch of different answers on how to do this. There is a export+import app that dosent work, or im not doing it correctly because there is no instructions.

Someone said you can just drop DAZ files into the custom folder; but that dosent seem to work.

Do you have to use Unity to do it properly as some say but dont explain how to do? So what are the proper steps? They say just export .fbx to unity; then mess around with the textures.. but the textures dont fit anymore with that technique... So why not just use the DAZ to UNITY exporter? I notice a Unity import button in the main control panel; so im guessing Unity is the way. What type of file do you export from Unity? Is there any other way? Thank You

Last edited:
The solution is to combine all the models morphs into a single morph in DAZ, then import that morph and skin textures into VaM. Now, in VaM, add a person, apply the morph and textures, and save the appearance.

Upvote 0
The solution is to combine all the models morphs into a single morph in DAZ, then import that morph and skin textures into VaM. Now, in VaM, add a person, apply the morph and textures, and save the appearance.

Hi, thanks for replying.
While trying to follow your clues I found a youtube video about how to make a single morph dial in daz. Is this the technique your talking about? He uses a Gen 8 as an example. When i try this with a Gen 2 model it says the geometies do not match and it dosent make the morph. There is no eyelashes or other geometry as he explains to remove the gen 8 eyelashes. but in gen 2 there is nothing to mess it up. Still dosent work.
How to combine Genesis Morphs into a single slider with DAZ Studio and Morph Loader Pro

Also I dont know how to import morphs into Vam. I found this tutorial on importing from Reddit. Is this what you mean ?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have never used DAZ myself, so while i knew enough to tell you roughly what had to be done, i don't know how to do it myself. Sorry. But yes, once you have created your morph, the guide you refer to is how to add it to VaM.

I'd suggest asking for help in the help channel on discord. It gets a lot more traffic than this forum does.

Upvote 0
You know, you can use all (most) Genesis 2 DAZ Morphs in VaM out of the box? You have to copy the morph files to Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/Female or Male.
The easiest way to combine morphs in DAZ is IMHO to export a figure with all its morphs as OBJ (first dial down the figures Resolution to base), then import it again as a full body morph. It is a bit too much to explain for me late in the evening, but if you have once learned how to do it, it is easy and fast. Please take a look at the tutorials that are around in the community and look after "morph creation". Or Google it for DAZ morph making. I have explaned it at least one-two times in the VaM-Reddit (as TimelordToby) but it is hard to find anything there.

OK, I finally read all your postings above :) Morph Loader Pro is correct. The error you have got is a very common one: Before exporting your figure go to the "Parameters" tab, click on General/Transforms/Meshresolutions/ and set the Resolution Level to Base and SubDivision Level to 0. Morph Loader Pro can't import figures that are set to the normal high resolution.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom