Question Custom morphs mangled results - What am I doing wrong?

mehbebe

Reactions
Hi all, I have been playing around with making custom morphs from Daz following this tutorial:
Guides - Import genesis 8 character to vam(with pictures) | Virt-A-Mate Hub

A couple of the morphs I made were successful and came out right when applied in game, but the rest of my custom morphs are coming out all mangled like their eyes popping out or sinking into the head, or their arms turning into something you'd only imagine in a horrror scene.
I have tried using a tool someone made called "morph fixer", but this has not helped.
Is someone more experienced with morphs able to tell me if this is typical of any specific mistake made in the process of making the morph in Daz?

I've taken a screenshot example of what is happening and attached it here.
mangled-morph.jpg

Hi all, I have been playing around with making custom morphs from Daz following this tutorial:
Guides - Import genesis 8 character to vam(with pictures) | Virt-A-Mate Hub

A couple of the morphs I made were successful and came out right when applied in game, but the rest of my custom morphs are coming out all mangled like their eyes popping out or sinking into the head, or their arms turning into something you'd only imagine in a horrror scene.
I have tried using a tool someone made called "morph fixer", but this has not helped.
Is someone more experienced with morphs able to tell me if this is typical of any specific mistake made in the process of making the morph in Daz?

I've taken a screenshot example of what is happening and attached it here.
View attachment 131261
yes a morph looking like something from the movie ,The Thing isn`t good .

did you use the joint editor in daz and rigging to shape ?

Upvote 0
yes a morph looking like something from the movie ,The Thing isn`t good .

did you use the joint editor in daz and rigging to shape ?

Yup, made sure I used rig to shape with each one, and with the morph active in DAZ while doing the rig to shape.

Upvote 0
They were all custom made characters I made in DAZ using various morphs inside of DAZ on a generic female gen 8 character.
thinking about it now, i did have issues with the arms getting screwed up ,looking like spaghetti
and the worse is the eye lids lower and upper that they are warped, pain to fix in bender . this happens on all the gen 8 characters
even custom characters.
due to the geometry of the gen 8 and gen 2 its never going to be perfect .
i found gen 3 worked a bit better .
sorry i couldn't be of much help.
i have always been curious how Testitou converts his characters

Last edited:
Upvote 0
just curious , did the screwed up morphs only happen in vam
what morphs are misbehaving ,if just one of the morphs and what it is suppose to do ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've gotten some custom models from creators that import like this for me. Seemingly missing or distorted morphs all over. Would love to find an explanation.

*EDIT* Nevermind, I was just using an old version of VAM, I guess some of the standard morphs had changed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
just curious , did the screwed up morphs only happen in vam
what morphs are misbehaving ,if just one of the morphs and what it is suppose to do ?
Thanks for the help. Yeah the morphs were fine in DAZ, applied to a Gen2 model, it did not distort at all. The distortion only occurs when applying the morph in VAM to a standard default "person".
The morph changes shape of just about every part of the body, as well as some proportions, including face/head, arms, legs, hips, pretty much everything has some kind of adjustment. This is the same though with every morph I've done, but some work and some haven't for some reason. Can't pinpoint why that is.
Would be nice if VAM could be updated to have built in compatability with gen8 models

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help. Yeah the morphs were fine in DAZ, applied to a Gen2 model, it did not distort at all. The distortion only occurs when applying the morph in VAM to a standard default "person".
The morph changes shape of just about every part of the body, as well as some proportions, including face/head, arms, legs, hips, pretty much everything has some kind of adjustment. This is the same though with every morph I've done, but some work and some haven't for some reason. Can't pinpoint why that is.
Would be nice if VAM could be updated to have built in compatability with gen8 models
Yeah its frustrating , i will have to experiment see whats happening .
bet you cant wait for Vam 2.0 when its completed that supports gen 8

Upvote 0
Yeah its frustrating , i will have to experiment see whats happening .
bet you cant wait for Vam 2.0 when its completed that supports gen 8
omg that sounds amazing! I had read about the 2.0 update, but didn't notice support for gen8 models.
Very exciting indeed :)

Upvote 0
omg that sounds amazing! I had read about the 2.0 update, but didn't notice support for gen8 models.
Very exciting indeed :)
yeah mate , the graphics look a lot better , but due to it using a more update version of unity wont support the old stuff .
shame , but version 2.0 + is still a long way to being completed as there is so much work being put in to it
i wonder if it will have its own Vam hub site.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom