CUA_Editor

Plugins CUA_Editor

HAL9001

Reactions
HAL9001 submitted a new resource:

CUA_Editor - Let's get rid of stuff

Just as I was about to start development for a plugin that would allow me to disable parts of a CUA, I stumbled over the collection by unique, uploaded by @trety. I played a bit with this set of plugins and got the feeling that a lot of the functionality (not all, though) could be integrated into a single plugin. So, after some coding and looking at other CUA related scripts like the one of @Sally Whitemane, lo and behold... I present to you: CUA_Editor...

Read more about this resource...

Updated the plugin description to warn about the "Rescan CUA" button side effects after editing. Thanks @821165455 for stumbling over this.

HAL9001 updated CUA_Editor with a new update entry:

Filtering by name (and other improvements) - Warning: Breaking Change!

BREAKING CHANGES!!! See below - You need to edit your scenes!!!

Update to v1.1 (var.3) by working through quite some items in the ToDo list:
  • Added audio sources as type
  • Moved destruction UI elements a bit + set to red
  • Fixed the bug (hopefully) that a type filter change leads to an empty UI
  • Fixed that ugly type enumeration/index code
  • Restructured source directory and license as...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey @HAL9001 LOVE this plugin thank you for sharing! How can we save toggled off CUA elements so upon next scene load they are disabled and do not reappear in game? Thanks!

Hey @HAL9001 LOVE this plugin thank you for sharing! How can we save toggled off CUA elements so upon next scene load they are disabled and do not reappear in game? Thanks!
Er, that should already happen automatically - The plugin is supposed to save any CHANGED CUA elements, so something that was on by default, and you've toggled it off should be saved. And vice versa.
Not sure what's going wrong on your end there. Have you got the latest plugin version? If so, check the JSON code of the scene and see if in the plugin section, there are entries such as this:
Code:
{
  "id" : "plugin#0_HAL9001.CUA_Editor",
  "enabled" : "true",
  "Destroy on Load" : "false",
  "G_Chambre Yennefer 03" : "true",
  "G_insertnameofyourassetsgameobjectshere" : "false",
  "G_..." : "false",
G_... stands for whole game objects, R_ for renderers, C_ for colliders and so on.

@HAL9001 Finally had a chance to retest, and I can confirm using the latest version (HAL9001.CUA_Editor.3.var) on a TocaCat Wood Cabin asset upon reload some of the disabled objects are not saved in a disabled state per image examples. The top image is an example of this object not saving upon any scene reload.

A quick way to experience this without having to reload a saved scene is to uncheck the asset's On option in the scene which upon rechecking On the once disabled object becomes visible while the others that should be disabled and are working right, dont become visible.

As he's provided it in his departure share bundle for free I've included a link to it for quick testing https://pixeldrain.com/u/EGdoXiLB

1711660622189.png

Last Saturday when I reached out here it had not saved multiple disabled object settings with another asset unrelated to TacoCats assets. Thank you for providing this plugin and if you can look into this issue, I'd appreciate it very much amigo :)
1711660290395.png
1711660347471.png

Ah, yes, shit. That's a case I have anticipated but not yet encountered as a CUA (so thanks for providing this example). The same name for multiple objects will cause confusion. I'll look into a fix, but it will likely break your current saves (not that they are functional at the moment anyway ;-) )

HAL9001 updated CUA_Editor with a new update entry:

v1.3: Bugfix against duplicate GameObject names (breaking change for actions)

Thanks to @cmramlow for finding and sharing a CUA that had "unfortunate" (=bad) naming conventions, using the same names for multiple GameObjects which confused the plugin. Fixed now. All GameObject names will get a unique identifier prefix (also a bit of a hierarchy ID), so there should be no more problems anymore. Also, there should be almost no need to change anything in your scenes - the plugin should be able to read old configurations and still apply them. And when you...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@HAL9001 Finally had a chance to retest, and I can confirm using the latest version (HAL9001.CUA_Editor.3.var) on a TocaCat Wood Cabin asset upon reload some of the disabled objects are not saved in a disabled state per image examples.
Should be fixed now (fingerscrossed)

An idea for an extension of this great script. Add sliders for each object to modify x/y/z coordinates and size. So you not only could delete objects from a CUA but also modify it, e.g. move a curtain or chair in the scene.

An idea for an extension of this great script. Add sliders for each object to modify x/y/z coordinates and size. So you not only could delete objects from a CUA but also modify it, e.g. move a curtain or chair in the scene.
Sorry, but that's where I'll draw the line. We'll end up with the functionality of the paid resource by Sally zhfx, and replicating that was not my point here.
I can also imagine the next comment along the lines of "Hey, great script. Could you also add texture/material changes, etc. while you're at it ;-) ?"

Last edited:
@HAL9001 I'd LOVE to discover that someone, in this case, SALLY, has a plugin that allowed for modify x/y/z coordinates and size, but the only CUA management plugin I can find from him is this one, which only mods shaders https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/cuashadermod.41328/ - am I being lame here and missing this capability from this or one of his other plugins?

I know zhfx has an awesome one but I cant get it to work on my AMD PC after troubleshooting with him for weeks before giving up.

What you've done here is absolutely magical already enough, and although I agree with Commander that this would be cake icing, I understand you drawing lines and saying no. I wish we could lure you with commission as I'd happily pay for added object movement especially when you've managed to do all this already without BepInEx

How does this exactly work? I don't even know how to load it, the UI doesn't open... Can I remove atoms and lights that cannot be removed with this?

How does this exactly work? I don't even know how to load it, the UI doesn't open... Can I remove atoms and lights that cannot be removed with this?
Attach the script "CUA_Editor.cslist" to your CustomUnityAsset atom in the Plugins tab. Make sure you have actually selected a CUA (not "None"). When you open the UI, it should list all CUA scenegraph items on the right and you should be able to turn them on/off.

You're my hero!

This is literally a game changer for me, as I use vam for the game I'm making, and often have scenes I can't use due to placement of objects in an asset. Thank you so much!

You're my hero!

This is literally a game changer for me, as I use vam for the game I'm making, and often have scenes I can't use due to placement of objects in an asset. Thank you so much!
Hi @MJB , thanks for the comment, and that's exactly the reason I wrote this plugin myself ;-) Glad it is of good use to you.
Now, if you could do me a favour in return and copy/paste your statement into a 5-star-review, that would be even more appreciated ;-)

Back
Top Bottom