CPU Performance Patch (Up to 30% faster physics, up to 60% more FPS)

Other CPU Performance Patch (Up to 30% faster physics, up to 60% more FPS)

I have installed everything correctly i believe and i haven't done the benchmark thing however i have been using a custom scene i know the exact spawning fps of. No matter how i set the skinmeshpartdll settings even switching from 1,2,3 etc to 1,3 5, etc i do not get ANY boost in fps at all. its the exact same 60-65fps.

this is in vr using a 4080 and a 13700k cpu

I have installed everything correctly i believe and i haven't done the benchmark thing however i have been using a custom scene i know the exact spawning fps of. No matter how i set the skinmeshpartdll settings even switching from 1,2,3 etc to 1,3 5, etc i do not get ANY boost in fps at all. its the exact same 60-65fps.

this is in vr using a 4080 and a 13700k cpu
did you replace the Assembly-CSharp.dll in VaM_Data\Managed ? It should be 5,503KB. Sounds like its not running at all. Because even with the worst settings you should see a moderate improvement.

did you replace the Assembly-CSharp.dll in VaM_Data\Managed ? It should be 5,503KB. Sounds like its not running at all. Because even with the worst settings you should see a moderate improvement.
Yes I did. I have tried so many different ways to get more fps I’d really like this to work lol. My Preformance patches folder is in the same folder as my vam.exe. i beleive thats where it should be

Hey there, I am wondering does this also work on mobile CPUs? I use a laptop with i7 11800h with 8 cores and 16 threads. How should I configure it in this case? Thank you!

Yes I did. I have tried so many different ways to get more fps I’d really like this to work lol. My Preformance patches folder is in the same folder as my vam.exe. i beleive thats where it should be
start vam, wait until you see the main menu, then open powershell and execute:

Code:
Get-Process | select VaM.exe -expand Modules -ea 0 | where {$_.ModuleName -like 'skinmeshpartdll.dll'}

if its loaded, it should output
Size(K) ModuleName FileName
------- ---------- --------
1260 SkinMeshPartDLL.dll C:\Games\vam\PerformancePatches\SkinMeshPartDLL.dll

Hey there, I am wondering does this also work on mobile CPUs? I use a laptop with i7 11800h with 8 cores and 16 threads. How should I configure it in this case? Thank you!
same as with any intel cpu which has 8 cores and hyperthreading:

computeColliders=6
skinmeshPart=1
affinity=1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15

although I encourage you to test other settings too, since I dont own an intel. you could also try

computeColliders=12
skinmeshPart=1
affinity=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16

Yes I did.

start vam, wait until you see the main menu, then open powershell and execute:

Code:
Get-Process | select VaM.exe -expand Modules -ea 0 | where {$_.ModuleName -like 'skinmeshpartdll.dll'}

if its loaded, it should output
yup thats what it says to the T. huh. if i am getting a performance increase maybe its so small its unnoticeable lol. like 0.05 fps. im using a headset that requires Windows Mixed Reality and my scene has 2 females in it for people. if either of those things would have anything to d with it

Last edited:
same as with any intel cpu which has 8 cores and hyperthreading:

computeColliders=6
skinmeshPart=1

although I encourage you to test other settings too, since I dont own an intel. you could also try

computeColliders=12
skinmeshPart=1
affinity=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16
Will try. Thanks a lot!

do you have vsync activated? Does your scene have only 1 person and lots of plugins? My patch gives no improvements in some specific scenes. Could you please try the official benchmark with and without the patch? https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/benchmark.11336/
i do not have vsync. i just tried running the benchmark. i hit "Run official benchmark" and then nothing happened. i did this in and out of vr. the run benchmark UI disapears then i just wait forever. is there supposed to be something happening?

i do not have vsync. i just tried running the benchmark. i hit "Run official benchmark" and then nothing happened. i did this in and out of vr. the run benchmark UI disapears then i just wait forever. is there supposed to be something happening?
Do you have BepInEx plugins installed? Do you have some weird session plugins? Does the benchmark run without my patch? Something weird is happening in your vam.

my game crashes when I replace Assembly-CSharp.dll

Game crashes with "illegal instruction"
Your CPU doesnt support AVX2, the performance boost is mainly because of AVX2 optimizations, so you probably wouldnt have benefitted anyway. I will try to do seperate versions for older CPUs.

hiii, i'm a giant noob and worried about doing this wrong 👼🍼 my processor is AMD FX-6300 (6-core), what settings do i use? 🙏

Do you have BepInEx plugins installed? Do you have some weird session plugins? Does the benchmark run without my patch? Something weird is happening in your vam.

Your CPU doesnt support AVX2, the performance boost is mainly because of AVX2 optimizations, so you probably wouldnt have benefitted anyway. I will try to do seperate versions for older CPUs.
i do have some BepinEx installed yes. i can try disabling them for a bit.
edit: it did not work. im trying disabling all my startup plugins
edit 2: HA! i disabled all my session plugins and it worked. ill post the results when im done. doing it out of vr right now. ill do in vr also

Last edited:
hiii, i'm a giant noob and worried about doing this wrong 👼🍼 my processor is AMD FX-6300 (6-core), what settings do i use? 🙏
FX-6300... wow I am suprised VaM even starts. If you try the patch it will crash since you need AVX2 in your CPU. Wait for a non-avx2 version please.

FX-6300... wow I am suprised VaM even starts. If you try the patch it will crash since you need AVX2 in your CPU. Wait for a non-avx2 version please.
hahaha! yeah i went backwards from my laptop to an old pc, it's 7 years old and actually runs it better?? i'll wait with my potato, thanks dude 🤭

i do have some BepinEx installed yes. i can try disabling them for a bit.
edit: it did not work. im trying disabling all my startup plugins
edit 2: HA! i disabled all my startup and it worked. ill post the results when im done. doing it out of vr right now. ill do in vr also
What do you mean by startup?

Here's the configs I had the most success on my 5900x (I basically followed the instructions). I gained about 5-10 fps, but I only tested on some few scenes for now.
Code:
[threads]
computeColliders=4
skinmeshPart=1
affinity=1,3,5,7,9,11

If someone finds anything better, please let us know.

@turtlebackgoofy kudos for this work. Amazing stuff!

Posting my results, I guess I'm not getting any crazy improvement, maybe because of the cpu?), Idk too much about this stuff kek

- Normal

VAM1.PNG

- patch v10 using:
computeColliders=4
skinmeshPart=1
affinity=1,3,5,7,9,11

(and yeah, I did check that the patch was running with the powershell thingy)
VAM2.PNG

This looks awesome! I'm not sure if this would be to much trouble but I am very new to VAM and I'm confused about some of the instructions of how to install this. Would it be possible to maybe upload a installation video with the post?

Holy shite! I'm not sure about my affinity setting. Can someone who's not got my potato brain tell me if this is correct for my ADM 7800X3D:

Thanks!

Ok I have run the benchmark 4 times. once with the patch decktop, once without the patch desktop, once in vr with the patch, once without.
desktop Without the patch:

without patch desktop.png

With the Patch Desktop
with patch desktop.png

Clearly a huge difference of 35 fps. however the vr was weird. absolutely no difference at all
Without patch VR:
Vr without patch.png

With Patch VR:
vr with patch.png

Hello author~
After reading everyone’s experience, I feel very good~
But the CPU list above does not include the CPU I am using
Currently using 13700, can I use the 13700K setting? ? ?

Back
Top Bottom