Connecting Daz Runtime to VaM

Koryu

Reactions
I have heard mythological speakings of people loading things in from their runtime... Anyone want to give me a step by step on how to get my cool Daz sets and props into VaM? Is this even possible? Or is it, in fact, a myth?

Thank you! :)

It is not a myth, but it is more difficult than a one-click conversion.

As you may know, VaM is using the DAZ Genesis 2 figure.

Morphs: You can easiely use DAZ Gen2 morphs by copying the .dsf files into the VAM /Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female or male folder. This means that you can do some more advanced things like creating new morphs in DAZ.

Textures: As it is Genesis 2, you can use the appopriate DAZ textures by copy them to VAM /custom/Texture/ .

Clothes: There is a DAZ clothes importer build in VaM. It is a little bit more complicated as it sounds, so please read the tutorials.

DAZ assets and Scenes/Environments: There is no importer till now, but you can export the DAZ stuff as OBJ or better FBX and import and rebuild the scene in UNITY. This sounds more complicated as it is, but it has a steep learning curve, so please read the tutorials.

I know, there are 1000 questions left, but for now, I hope it will help you a little bit.

That's awesome! Thank you! TToby!!! :) I'll stand down about importing sets for now :D

You are welcome! Feel free to ask, if you have more detailed questions later on. If you are ready to start, I would suggest to begin with something simple first. I think it is fun to try out. To import a single asset (a sword for instance...) is more or less the same workflow like importing a whole DAZ village szene... only proportionally more work to correctly assign and edit the materials... ah yes... and sometimes the DAZ szenes "explodes" in Unity and you have to put everything back in the right spot. A diligent but routine piece of work.

Back
Top Bottom