Conjoined twins seam improvement?

James Bingo

Reactions
CH1P10.2 - Copy (2).jpg

So I'm making a short story with conjoined twins. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for improving the seam between these two?
They work by having person 2 collision off with right knee, hip and foot parented to person 1's left knee, foot and hip. Their arms are morphed off with an amputee morph. Later I plan on using the collider editor.

One problem I'm having is that moving one part of the body will pull the hips or legs out of alignment. Another is that the geometry at the seam needs to be at the same angle I guess? Maybe I need a custom morph? I have no idea how to do that though :S

I don't know much about VAM at all so if you have any helpful ideas I'd appreciate if you went through it in detail :)
Here are some more pics if you're interested anyway. Some touched up in photoshop :)

CH1P10.2 - Copy (2).jpgImage2 - Copy.jpgCH1P10 - Copy.jpgUntitled-2 - Copy - Copy.jpgUntitled - Copy.jpg

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• CH1P10.2 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    CH1P10.2 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 0
it's bad that my mind immediately wants them to be triplets, with 3 boobs and a central belly button... and the middle one futa 😊

Should have first said that it's very creative, and will be checking back now and then to see what's next haha

Getting better... Just a matter of choosing the right parent joints and increasing the joint force. I made the one without collision slightly skinnier too so she 'fits' inside. The seems are less visible with gloss turned down too... but this is still just so hacky :S

Attachments

• Untitled3 - Copy.jpg
    Untitled3 - Copy.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Untitled2 - Copy.jpg
    Untitled2 - Copy.jpg
    735.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Untitled (1) - Copy.jpg
    Untitled (1) - Copy.jpg
    720.6 KB · Views: 0
I never thought I would get a boner from seeing a conjoined twin body.
VAM!!!! What are you doing to me?????? 😱

Getting better... Just a matter of choosing the right parent joints and increasing the joint force. I made the one without collision slightly skinnier too so she 'fits' inside. The seems are less visible with gloss turned down too... but this is still just so hacky :S

I am very interested in how you did this, would you mind sharing either a tutorial or a var? Please :)

Yes did you ever upload the look, the one with the two heads. Years ago I saw the real ones in Hollywood, not naked of course, just on the street walking around. : )

... at the same angle I guess? Maybe I need a custom morph? I have no idea how to do that though :S

Yup, that would be the idea, but this is far from being really possible with the complexity of a model like that and all the animation going on :p
Since it's "intersecting geometry", you will never be able to have a perfect seam.

The only alternative possible would be to write a custom shader that would "fade" the material on the intersections. This will only be possible in VaM 2 as we don't have access to the main shader in VaM 1.x :)

Back
Top Bottom