Chroma Keyifier

Plugins Chroma Keyifier

moyashi

Reactions
Feel free to just take the 'Camera Background Color'-code and add this directly to your plugin. It's CC0. Especially if that improves usability and users don't have to switch between multiple plugins. For passthrough I do not have the VR hardware to test things anyway. Had to ask on Discord whether something worked correct in VR. Only thing I would dislike is if you'd paywall it.

I have another 1 year old experimental plugin. Think I never shared it. It allows switching to other (VAM build in) shaders on shape atoms. Although it's not needed and intended for chroma keying I think this could be a nice extra feature for this. Attached code and test scene.

I hated that workflow to get custom shaders into VAM. Afaik it's not possible to load shaders directly and I always have to create and load an assetbundle first. That I found so annoying and unnecessary complicated that I stopped messing around with shaders. If that would be simpler I'd love to play more with shaders - the possibilities are endless.

Attachments

• ShapeShaders.cs
    5 KB · Views: 0
  • ShapesShader 2.json
    40.9 KB · Views: 0
OMG! Oclusions and shadows in passthrough along with what Voxta has to offer. This is not happening :D

@moyashi
Made a mockup of my room in shapes with the plugin and added them all to a subscene atom, but loading the subscene made the plugin not work anymore. Reloading the plugin made it come back to life but all the colors were off, only saving that as a scene and reloading it brought back the plugins normal results.

Feel free to just take the 'Camera Background Color'-code and add this directly to your plugin. It's CC0. Especially if that improves usability and users don't have to switch between multiple plugins. For passthrough I do not have the VR hardware to test things anyway. Had to ask on Discord whether something worked correct in VR. Only thing I would dislike is if you'd paywall it.
Sure, I may do that, but I'm also considering an alternative that will let me mask off any chroma keyed "objects" so this plugin will work with post processing, still thinking about that though. I don't have any MR/passthrough capable hardware either don't worry :)

Made a mockup of my room in shapes with the plugin and added them all to a subscene atom, but loading the subscene made the plugin not work anymore. Reloading the plugin made it come back to life but all the colors were off, only saving that as a scene and reloading it brought back the plugins normal results.
Ah thanks, I don't recall ever testing with a subscene so there might be some bugs there, I'll investigate and see if I can reproduce it.

Ah thanks, I don't recall ever testing with a subscene so there might be some bugs there, I'll investigate and see if I can reproduce it.
Hi. When i load it onto an atom (wood panel) everything works great. Then when i try to load it onto another atom (cube), all the settings inside the cube plugin only control the wood panel chroma, and doesnt apply to the cube.

Hi. When i load it onto an atom (wood panel) everything works great. Then when i try to load it onto another atom (cube), all the settings inside the cube plugin only control the wood panel chroma, and doesnt apply to the cube.
I'll need detailed steps in order to reproduce this (ideally a video), it seems to work just fine:

@moyashi
This should be fixed now in Version 2

Tested with Sally's background color changer, but when I check Sync Camera Background Color my atoms don't follow the color of Sally's background. Tried changing and moving the colors around, but they don't sync, any ideas?

1699804541967.png

@thinoreos
Check if the CameraBackgroundColor plugin is "[x] Enabled". The latest version 4 will no longer set the color if disabled.

Edit:
Checked moyashi's code - it expects CameraBackgroundColor in the blue [Scene Plugins]-tab. Then it works.

Last edited:
@thinoreos
Check if the CameraBackgroundColor plugin is "[x] Enabled". The latest version 4 will no longer set the color if disabled.

Edit:
Checked moyashi's code - it expects CameraBackgroundColor in the blue [Scene Plugins]-tab. Then it works.
Ah gotcha, so it has to be in Scene Plugins instead of Session Plugins

I'll need detailed steps in order to reproduce this (ideally a video), it seems to work just fine:

View attachment 305689
The new update you just released did sorta fix it for my situation, although a new instance of the plugin on an atom now controls both of the atoms, instead of just the previous atom. Works god for what i need now. Idk if it was supposed to control objects independently in the first place? 1st video is with old plugin, second is with new updated.

(Full steps):

Attachments

• VirtualDesktop.Android-20231112-163029.mp4
    54.9 MB
Last edited:
The new update you just released did sorta fix it for my situation, although a new instance of the plugin on an atom now controls both of the atoms, instead of just the previous atom.
This is the intended effect, all the settings are "global" because otherwise it's too annoying constructing complicated things like tables and full rooms, only to have the chroma key or shadow colour be wrong, you would have to modify each individual object.

Tested with Sally's background color changer, but when I check Sync Camera Background Color my atoms don't follow the color of Sally's background. Tried changing and moving the colors around, but they don't sync, any ideas?
Looks like this is sorted out already, but I have some plans to make this part a bit more convenient too, and also let you combine this plugin with https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/post-processing.37521/ (right now if you do colour correction it will mess up chroma keying, but I plan to add the ability to mask off chroma keyed parts of the screen from being effected by post processing).

Not sure on the timeframe of that though I still have some changes to post processing queued up.

Looks like this is sorted out already, but I have some plans to make this part a bit more convenient too, and also let you combine this plugin with https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/post-processing.37521/ (right now if you do colour correction it will mess up chroma keying, but I plan to add the ability to mask off chroma keyed parts of the screen from being effected by post processing).

Not sure on the timeframe of that though I still have some changes to post processing queued up.
Nice, keep it going for sure. Doing the vam's work

What settings do I need to make so that the shadows blend in with my surroundings? They're always solid and the color doesn't fit.

What settings do I need to make so that the shadows blend in with my surroundings? They're always solid and the color doesn't fit.
Play with interleave and/or dithering to mix shadows with your passthrough, you may need to tweak the shadow colour also, all those options exist so you can tune it for your particular setup because everyone has something different.

Tried everything, the shadows won't blend in.
You might have to ask Saint or fortrankiwi on discord for any tips in that case, I don't actually have a passthrough capable HMD but they both got it working.

I need this for person atoms. I'm trying to make a chroma keyed possessed person act as a dynamic occlusion filter so I can see my own hands in the scene instead of the 3D modeled hands. The shadows and specular on the person atom's skin are ruining the passthrough no matter what lighting or skin settings I try.

Anyone find out how to get the shadows to blend properly? Currently I have my Passthrough color set to a mint green, R:100 G:120 and B: 100. Problem with that is, when I use Chroma Keyifer it keeps the shadow that mint color instead of just creating a neutral/none colored shadow

Back
Top Bottom