• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question characters are partially transparent in vr mode. need help fixing this

mehbebe

Reactions
Hi everyone, I've been using vam for a while now on desktop mode, but recently got vr and wanted to give it a go.
When I loaded up a blank scene and added a character, the skin of the character appears to be partially transparent and you can see inside the character. The face also appeared to be transparent and I could barely make out any details on the face because of how transparent it was.

I tried adding in different models and using different skins, and get the same issue no matter what model or skins or clothing that I use.
I also had a look through the VR preferences in virt-a-mate and did not find anything related to transparency.

When I was unable to fix this myself, I did some searching online but was unable to find any examples of this issue, so I'm now wondering the following:
1. is this normal? that in vr mode the skin of the characters are partially transparent, making all the details look soft and blurred out?
2. If it is not normal, does anyone here have any idea as to why this is happening, and how I could fix it?
3. (bonus question! :D) regardless of the fact I'm running quite a high end system, with a 3090 and a Ryzen 9 7950X3D, I am getting some extremely severe lag whenever I add in an environment, even adding in any of the default built in environments, I get really really bad lag. Any advice on this would be great too.
Cheers everyone!

No, transparent bodies are not normal unless you make them that way-
Check if you don't have Postmagic or other similar loaded as they may not be suitable for VR.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom