Certain built-in morphs seem inaccessible from trigger dropdowns

Dombl

Reactions
For a while now I've been having trouble using few of the built-in morphs, "Flaccid / Erect" and "Flaccid / Erect Adjust".
While they are fully functional in the morph menu, I could not get at them from triggers or Timeline's float param targets.
After looking through the morph list for a bit I came up with a theory for why they wouldn't show up, but recently Everlaster made a plugin that uses the new Copy and Paste functionaly to let you make a pastable input from the morph menu, and since it works for adding them to triggers I feel decently confident my theory is correct.
The common component of the morphs I tried and failed to find is that "/" somewhere in the uid. Most other morphs I see have "-" where you would usually expect a slash, so I think this might be known issue where a few of the morphs have simply snuck through.
I haven't been able to locate where the built-in morphs are located, or if they can even be accessed if you could, so I was unable to test renaming them.
It can be worked around for now by using Everlaster's copy-paste method or replacing the uid manually in save files with a text editor.

Did you favorite the morphs you wanted to use? I thought that's what makes them accessible from the drop down on a trigger.

I think Flacid/Erect etc. are listed as poses and don't show up as morphs in timeline. You can get around that with the trigger track by adding a transition trigger. Add a trigger point on the time line where you want the morph to start, and select it. In the transition tab add Person/Geometry/"Flaccid / Erect" and set the values you want it to move by, then add another blank trigger point on the timeline where you want the transition to end.

Yep, my first bouts of confusion was because I thought I was experiencing some sort of desyncing between the favorited morphs in the morph menu and ones that would show up in Timeline's target menu.
I can reproduce it with third party morphs as well, but I haven't run into the issue on any morphs in a var file that I've been wanting to use yet.
Looking at the categories part of the morphs, I think that internally, they are structured as "Pose/Genitalia/Flaccid / Erect", and the morph fetching used by the trigger dropdown, and evidently at least one plugin, mistakenly end up looking for a morph named " Erect" under "Pose/Genitalia/Flaccid /" instead of one named "Flaccid / Erect" under "Pose/Genitalia/".
When it's actually linked to a trigger it only seems to care about the uid and not the category path, which is why it seems to work when copied or manually text edited, but one of those options doesn't work in plugins, and the other is just plain clunky as hell to use.

I'm not too surprised to see it's not a very common issue, since I've only seen it on two morphs I want to use, out of ten which even have the issue (two not built-in), and I have around 6200 morphs in each gender's tabs.
I might have to worry about getting hit by lightning with those odds.

Back
Top Bottom