Censor Bars

Plugins Censor Bars

From both the back and the front, based on nipple position and hip position. So certain poses don't calculate correctly at the moment and require tweaking the vertical adjust config option. I would also like to add a line of sight option so the upper censor goes away when viewed from behind. Open to any other ideas as this is mostly a project to learn the scripting language.

@HideawayKiesza Thank you I haven't try those, but I assume spawning, manual positioning and parenting the asset may become tiresome. Anyway as you said, plugin implementation is better I think.

@HideawayKiesza Thanks for the links, awesome stuff
After learning a lot of ways to break the game entirely I think I have a solution that leverages @OrangePickle assets to apply the mosaic. I also was able to fix the positioning of the lower censor so it tracks much better. Now I just need to completely reorganize the code to support both, should be out today.
mosaic_test.JPG

@huz Enjoy! Share anything fun you make.
Was a good learning process for scripting and working with assetbundles

Next project: modesty plugin
modesty_test_1.JPG

Nice work!
Is it possible to change the size of the mosaic? It's too small for Japanese regulations, so I'd like to be able to adjust it.

@UJVAM No problem, also added the ability to change pixelation like @huz had shown, it was already in the shader asset just had to find the property name.

In a case like:
censor_angle_edge_case.JPG
Should the bar
  1. Adjust size to cover but state horizontally aligned
  2. Get closer to the camera to cover (may be very weird in VR)
  3. Rotate angle to cover and not stay horizontally aligned
  4. Something else entirely

Just tried it work perfectly, thank you so much for taking time to add it I really appreciate it.

@ryluth Wow this has really gone from just a niche plugin to something that would be useful for creators skirting censorship rules. Awesome stuff! I have another weird request, would it be possible to add the ability to censor the face/eyes as well? Like the OrangePickle asset that was shaped for a face.

In response to your query, I would think the bar should do 3. This would be because if you had it set up like you described in 1, the bar would have to be large and would censor everything from the neck to the navel if the character was at a 45 degree angle. It would also probably look weird if you were watching it while the character was rotating, as the bar would be getting bigger as they rotate, rather than remain a constant size. But if that is too difficult to implement then it would be reasonable to do 1 instead, just to have something that works in most cases. Alternatively, you could abandon a single bar for both breasts and instead have two separate circles/bars for each, and then you wouldn't have to worry about scaling or rotating the bar. But I could see some people preferring the single bar look instead.

In any case, I really like everything you've done with the plugin so far! Also the modesty plugin seems like a neat idea too! Interested to see how that turns out.

@HideawayKiesza Thanks! It definitely has grown, but forcing me to really learn plugin/asset interaction.

I have tried both and think it will be another option in the config. I like the idea of option 3 more but it doesn't seem to have the same censor bar feel after it starts rotating, just don't think censors are ever done in 3D, makes more sense on the mosaic though. Rotations are giving me trouble and the current option 3 method disappears at certain angles. Think I have option 1 working well enough atm.

I'll throw in an option for the face, I think by default it will be off but it will be in the config options and plugin presets can make it load just the way you want every time.

censor_option_1_test.gif

@ryluth yeah now that I'm actually seeing it, having it scale was probably the better call. I feel like that might be what they do for television and movies and what not, as opposed to making the bar rotate.

Awesome work as always, and thanks again for the face option! I think it'll be a cool way to censor for new releases.

Thanks for the v9 update. Unrelated but just want to ask it is possible to add "mosaic shader" to a clothing item? just curious.

@huz Might be possible, played around with it a bit before I responded. I can change the shader to the mosaic but the clothing item stops updating it's position/reacting to anything.

Back
Top Bottom