Question Can't install some Looks

Reactions
I found out that some of the looks doesn't apper in Package Manager. For example looks of @OniEkohvius.
I just put the *.var files into AddonPackages folder and download dependencies through the inner hub access.
Maybe i do something wrong?

Why are you looking in Package Manager? All the looks of his I have come with a demo scene. Just open the scene from the All Scenes browser. You can save an appearance preset to use that character in another scene.

Upvote 0
Why are you looking in Package Manager? All the looks of his I have come with a demo scene. Just open the scene from the All Scenes browser. You can save an appearance preset to use that character in another scene.
Coz all looks before i could find in package manager. When i say @package manager"i mean when i press: Appearance->Select Exists

Upvote 0
Coz all looks before i could find in package manager. When i say @package manager"i mean when i press: Appearance->Select Exists
Appearance->Select Existing is not the same as Package Manager. You're trying to load an appearance preset, but the model does not come with one. That's why I said open the demo scene and save an appearance preset to your local area. That's the way it works with some looks.

Upvote 0
Appearance->Select Existing is not the same as Package Manager. You're trying to load an appearance preset, but the model does not come with one. That's why I said open the demo scene and save an appearance preset to your local area. That's the way it works with some looks.
But if var file doesn't have a look, why you(not you personally, i mean some abstract author) put it into Look section? If it's a scene you should put it into Scene section, no? Or at least pin some instructions for this.

Upvote 0
There's nothing wrong with having a character with just a scene posted as a Look. It would have to have either an appearance preset, or a scene, or both to qualify. If you open a var file with 7zip, you'll see it's just a zip file with a specific structure. Appearance presets would be in Custom/Atom/Person/Appearance, while scene files would be in Saves/scene. You can use 7zip to verify what's in a var file to know how to use it.

Some people are still using what are called legacy presets, which date to the early days of Vam. There's a different menu to load them. In the var file, they would be under Saves/Person.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom