Can we have a delete button in release 1 please!?

Babell99

Reactions
Current Situation

You will agree with me that managing the content of VAM becomes a pain after few thousands objects (scenes, clothing, models ....)

Could we, for the scenes, be able to delete the scene right from the menu please? It is already possible to do it when you did created the scene. There are TONS of very poor scenes that I would like to delete quickly. But figuring out the filename than going in the package manager is such an hassle.

An even better solution

Something even better would be that you could mark something for deletion. Then later on, when you call a "Delete all marked", a process would start and:

- Delete everything your marked to be deleted.
- Delete any dependencies that are not used by any other objects.

I do realize that this process could be CPU intensive for few seconds, reason why it would only start when you click on the "Delete all marked" button.

Conclusion

Guys, with the release of 2.0 still being far ahead and the content of 1.0 getting richer every day, managing the content of 1.0 is becoming pure hell. Please help us being able to delete what we want easily. PLEASE.

How? I have it and there is no delete option.

I am all ears. I would buy the plugin for this option! But if its not there, it will be a pass for me.

I cannot believe how difficult it is to delete unwanted stuff in this game. Would be SO simple for the developers to simply let us delete AT LEAST the scene like we can do for our own scene.

I am all ears. I would buy the plugin for this option! But if its not there, it will be a pass for me.

I cannot believe how difficult it is to delete unwanted stuff in this game. Would be SO simple for the developers to simply let us delete AT LEAST the scene like we can do for our own scene.
Honestly, asset management should be the TOP priority for the developers working on this software. 100% and above everything else. It is tragic how awful inventory control is for VAM. We need at the bare minimum to be able to:

1. Delete scenes/appearances.
2. Delete scenes/appearances including all dependencies not being used by other VARs.
3. Delete scenes/appearances including all dependencies regardless (i.e. I don't care what it breaks, just get it gone from my program. I don't ever want to see it again, etc.).
4. Track and control used and unused dependencies. Option to delete (of course).
5. Track, control, and eliminate duplicate morphs, etc. if not being used.
6. Track, control, and eliminate duplcate morphs, etc. (and I don't care what it breaks, I'll fix it later).

And yes, very smart people have developed tools for a lot of this but this really should be built into the core program. Maybe this is already in development, but this needs to be addressed IMO.

Honestly, asset management should be the TOP priority for the developers working on this software. 100% and above everything else. It is tragic how awful inventory control is for VAM. We need at the bare minimum to be able to:

1. Delete scenes/appearances.
2. Delete scenes/appearances including all dependencies not being used by other VARs.
3. Delete scenes/appearances including all dependencies regardless (i.e. I don't care what it breaks, just get it gone from my program. I don't ever want to see it again, etc.).
4. Track and control used and unused dependencies. Option to delete (of course).
5. Track, control, and eliminate duplicate morphs, etc. if not being used.
6. Track, control, and eliminate duplcate morphs, etc. (and I don't care what it breaks, I'll fix it later).

And yes, very smart people have developed tools for a lot of this but this really should be built into the core program. Maybe this is already in development, but this needs to be addressed IMO.

Yes I hear you! For more, since the game becomes super slow when overloaded with files, it would let people get rid of all these performance issues. I would say that 40% of the content I have is crap. But can't delete it efficiently.

I do sometime use the standard os explorer to delete files directly, but that is hell to figure out which one you want to delete from there.

I finally installed the Browser Assist Plugin by Jay ... wow what a great browser. I am not using the vanilla one anymore!

Back
Top Bottom