BVH Player by ElkVR and VRAdultFun

Plugins BVH Player by ElkVR and VRAdultFun

I have tried your suggestion. When i play bvh file and bake animation, it shows message "recording" after that when i save scene and reopen that scene in VAM, there is no more recorded animation on display. i get model back in T-POSE with no animation. do you have any tutorial video on this, how to play BVH files, bake and save animation and make it work with two characters. I bought some BVH animations from website selling it but not able to play and use it in BVH player.

Did you remove the BVH plugin from the character before saving the scene? you need to do that

Did you remove the BVH plugin from the character before saving the scene? you need to do that
Yes i have tied it. these are the steps i took-
1.)Loaded scene and atom.
2.)added plugin to atom and selected BVH Player.
3.)Selected BVH File to play simple animation and used loop and bake.
4.)after bake button pressed , it says recording . after few minutes i stop and get message recording saved.
5.)removed plugin and saved scene.
6.)when i reopen scene, there is no animation.

Please let me know what i am doing wrong here? do you have any tutorial on how to make it work?

I just started playing with this plugin and BVH files. Lots of fun! I speant about 3 hours last night trying out a bunch of files. I'm not sure I understand the "Bake" feature. It looks like you use this to add a bunch of BVH files together and then export as a VaM scene but does the plugin handle the transition between BVH files and smooth them out so the model is not abruptly changing between files? If not, is there a trick for doing that?

Yes i have tied it. these are the steps i took-
1.)Loaded scene and atom.
2.)added plugin to atom and selected BVH Player.
3.)Selected BVH File to play simple animation and used loop and bake.
4.)after bake button pressed , it says recording . after few minutes i stop and get message recording saved.
5.)removed plugin and saved scene.
6.)when i reopen scene, there is no animation.

Please let me know what i am doing wrong here? do you have any tutorial on how to make it work?

I havent tried doing this in a long time, and I didn't write the bake part of the plugin so Im not even sure how it works. Try doing a record without loop ticked. one the recording is done, remove the plugin and then try playing the vam animation to see if it recorded before you save the file

I just started playing with this plugin and BVH files. Lots of fun! I speant about 3 hours last night trying out a bunch of files. I'm not sure I understand the "Bake" feature. It looks like you use this to add a bunch of BVH files together and then export as a VaM scene but does the plugin handle the transition between BVH files and smooth them out so the model is not abruptly changing between files? If not, is there a trick for doing that?

The plugin has nothing in it to transition, but if you set the hold strengths correctly the physics will smooth it out as long as the differences are not too great between the frames

Is there any way that this could this be used in conjunction with acidbubbles timeline in order to tweak the mocap data on the fly? and then merge and bake it all into one animation?

The above question was asked awhile ago but I didn't see an answer. I'm also wondering what the best process is for using the plugin to get a bvh file that can be edited in Timeline, or is this not possible?

Hey VRAdultFun, hey Eosin.
There is an issue with the bvh import function concerning the arms.
Despite of a proper T-Pose, the arms of a character often don't lower as much as in the original bvh.
Meaning, the in the shoulder joints don't rotate as much downwards as they should, so if in the original bvh the character brings the arms straight down , parallel to the body, or claps the hands together, the plugin does not perform that right. Like if there is always an offset in the shoulder joint rotations
The character looks like always in bodybuilder mode, like wearing razor blades under the axillae.
But in other test files, where I explicitely tested it, i.e. rotating the Arms from T-Pose only in the shoulder joints straight down at the body sides, straight front and back to meet the palms, it worked fine. And the correct working bvh's are the same recorded and created as the false looking ones.
I cannot see, why it does work in some, but not work in most other files like it should.
The joint correction options do not really solve that problem, as it always looks different than in the original recorded bvh.
Any solution ideas ?

Eosin:
Great add for the fingers and toes.
Add Face to it and we have a great tool, when the Arm problem can be solved.

Last edited:
BVH Player Arm angles issue.jpg

Hi I am trying to make BVH animation to play normally with high heels. It looks like I should be able to use Joint Angle tab to adjust the foot angle to use an animation with high heels, but I just cannot figure it out how. I tried to increase the Foot X Rotation and Knee X Rotation, but the knee kept bending and she was walking like a zombie. I just hope she van walk normally with high heels, that's all I want. Does anyone has any idea about how to adjust these setting?
test.png

Hi I am trying to make BVH animation to play normally with high heels. It looks like I should be able to use Joint Angle tab to adjust the foot angle to use an animation with high heels, but I just cannot figure it out how. I tried to increase the Foot X Rotation and Knee X Rotation, but the knee kept bending and she was walking like a zombie. I just hope she van walk normally with high heels, that's all I want. Does anyone has any idea about how to adjust these setting?

You should be adjusting the Foot X rotation slider. 90 degrees on Knee x rotation will bend the knee right back like in your image as if they are kneeling on the floor or similar. If you were wanting to straighten the legs you should go with a negative value for knee, but never so high as 90. more like -10 or -15

You should be adjusting the Foot X rotation slider. 90 degrees on Knee x rotation will bend the knee right back like in your image as if they are kneeling on the floor or similar. If you were wanting to straighten the legs you should go with a negative value for knee, but never so high as 90. more like -10 or -15
Thanks VRAdultFun! I will give it a try!

Back
Top Bottom