• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

BVH Player by ElkVR and VRAdultFun

Plugins BVH Player by ElkVR and VRAdultFun 1.1.3

VRAdultFun

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
vradultfun
VRAdultFun submitted a new resource:

BVH Player by ElkVR and VRAdultFUn - This plugin allows you to load a BVH animation file in VaM

Quite a while back ElkVR created the BVH Player script which is amazing itself, however he left our community and the plugin was never updated. Eventually I decided its ok to share my own personal updated version I have made for myself and this is it here :D

The Primary BVH Player component allows you to load in single BVH files and play them back in realtime at varying speed. It also allows you to 'bake' the animation from BVH to VAM's built in scene animation which allows you to 'bake'...

Read more about this resource...

Anyone can share good BVH animations? I found only big collection from some university but they are short and glitchy

Alot of good ones come from Second Life. You can try trawling through here, some have BVH files included with them

I recently bought a Kinect 360 to mess around with motion capture. The demo version of iPi mocap studio can record pretty reasonable motion capture, and has various BVH export options for different programs.

None of the options seem to be compatible with VAM - in almost all cases, the girl I attach this plugin to just stands motionless. In a couple of cases, her legs move randomly, but the upper body remains fixed in place.

Has anyone else played around with iPi and found export options that work?

Cheers!

Mark

VRAdultFun submitted a new resource:

BVH Player by ElkVR and VRAdultFUn - This plugin allows you to load a BVH animation file in VaM

Read more about this resource...

Hi,
very great plugins i love it !
* Can you add fingers gestures to the bones ?
I convert MMD dance with iclone 3Dexchange, fingers gestures work with my BVH in Daz3D studio with Genesis 2 Female but look like not managed in this plugins.

* Can you add foot ?

* Need support "Action Triggers" for "UIAssist" and "LogicBriks" to toggle "Play / pause / rewind / Stop" animation

* can you add an Embedded audio player sync with animation ?

Thx

Last edited:
I just got hold of a professional mocap suit that outputs BVH files, but they don't seem to work with the player. It loads but the character doesn't move. I think because the joints are named differently. Is there any kind of converter to fix this? I attached one of someone doing a cartwheel.

Attachments

• 2.0-Cartwheel_chr00.bvh.zip
    770.6 KB · Views: 0
Discovered a bug in this. When you load the plugin it seems like any mocap data saved in VAM's "scene animation" gets erased. If you bake an animation then save the scene, when you reload the baked "scene animation" will get erased as BVH player loads.

Also if you disable the BVH player plugin before saving it instantly enables itself on load, also erasing scene animation. Other plugins if you disable them and save, they come back disabled on load. The only solution for BVH player seems to be to remember to completely remove it before saving.

A feature suggestion, it would be nice to have some support (maybe a config file) for renaming bones. My MOCAP system outputs BVH files with different bone names and I have to either rename them in the file or add code to BVH player to rename them.

Question - is there a way to navigate outside the saves folder o load BVH files? I seem to be trapped in there and can't come out to a parent folder.

@elkvr @VRAdultFun I was able to hack this to convert the bone names of the BVH files from my mocap suit so it would work. Not perfectly yet so I am probably missing something. Bone name conversion would be a nice feature to have, maybe a little config file with a bunch of vamName = filebonename lines in it. The suit I have can live stream BVH files too, but I'm not sure how to use their Unity Plugins with VAM to do this.

Hi, did you found the answer? Got the same issue
Question - is there a way to navigate outside the saves folder o load BVH files? I seem to be trapped in there and can't come out to a parent folder.

I am sorry I did not see your posts here. I get so many 'reaction' notifications posts in the forums sometimes get buried!

If you edit the script file, on line 306 change this :

prevFolder = SuperController.singleton.savesDir + "\\Animation";

to this
prevFolder = "./";

That will open the load window at the VAM root folder

I am sorry I did not see your posts here. I get so many 'reaction' notifications posts in the forums sometimes get buried!

If you edit the script file, on line 306 change this :

prevFolder = SuperController.singleton.savesDir + "\\Animation";

to this
prevFolder = "./";

That will open the load window at the VAM root folder
Cool, thanks, one issue is done but there is other one:

1636987360607.png

As you see for some reason i dont see any *.var folders. Any suggestions ? =)

Cool, thanks, one issue is done but there is other one:

As you see for some reason i dont see any *.var folders. Any suggestions ? =)

This is because the script is a bit old now and still uses the old function to show the dialogue box. It really needs to be converted over to the filebrowser function which shows var's. unfortunately theres a little more to that than just a single line adjustment

This is because the script is a bit old now and still uses the old function to show the dialogue box. It really needs to be converted over to the filebrowser function which shows var's. unfortunately theres a little more to that than just a single line adjustment
Are you planning to update it in the future?

Hello and thanks for your great plugin.

I took the liberty to add full finger and toe playback and some options for it: customize finger joint physics, finger flex and spread offset and collider size. I have tried to set the default settings to where things look accurate and good.
I have also attached some BVH files with varied and detailed hand motion for testing. They seem to play back fine. I believe they are converted MMD motions.
I haven't tested it a ton, but so far things appear to be working.
If the changes are considered desirable, they may of course be freely added to the main distribution.

Attachments

• BVHPlayer.cs
    121.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Hand Dances BVH.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 0
Hello and thanks for your great plugin.

I took the liberty to add full finger and toe playback and some options for it: customize finger joint physics, finger flex and spread offset and collider size. I have tried to set the default settings to where things look accurate and good.
I have also attached some BVH files with varied and detailed hand motion for testing. They seem to play back fine. I believe they are converted MMD motions.
I haven't tested it a ton, but so far things appear to be working.
If the changes are considered desirable, they may of course be freely added to the main distribution.

Thank you for the contribution! I will check it out and if its as advertised I will add it to the official version with credit

Thank you for the contribution! I will check it out and if its as advertised I will add it to the official version with credit
Thanks and sorry, I think there were still some potential problems with the thumb root joint in particular because I did not account for individual rotation order. This should be fixed here. Also the ResetPhysical call appears to delete all character animation from the person atom as clevenger suggested. I replaced this with
Code:
tposeBoneOffsets["hip"] = hipDazBone.startingLocalPosition;
in RecordOffsets which seems to store the T pose positions in DAZBone class internally, the other joints don't seem to be needed.

Attachments

• BVHPlayer.cs
    122.9 KB · Views: 0
i have this error !> Attempted to use ReadFileIntoString on a path that is not inside game directory. That is not allowed

i have this error !> Attempted to use ReadFileIntoString on a path that is not inside game directory. That is not allowed

I havent heard of that before. Have you enabled all the security stuff in VAM preferences for scripts?

Is there any way that this could this be used in conjunction with acidbubbles timeline in order to tweak the mocap data on the fly? and then merge and bake it all into one animation?

What if animation involves two characters? suppose i have animation from some other game in two .blend file which has two characters communication talking over phone ,doing exercise, kissing etc. How can i load two different BVH files for two different characters and play animation on different locations, example- sofa/bed or floor etc.?

Load up the first character and BVH file. Bake that BVH file to the VAM animation and then remove the BVH plugin from that character. Add a new character and add the plugin. load the BVH file and get them into the right position. check and ensure the VAM animation is at the start and then bake the new animation to the VAM animation. Remove the BVH plugin from this character and then hit play on the VAM animation to see both at the same time.

Load up the first character and BVH file. Bake that BVH file to the VAM animation and then remove the BVH plugin from that character. Add a new character and add the plugin. load the BVH file and get them into the right position. check and ensure the VAM animation is at the start and then bake the new animation to the VAM animation. Remove the BVH plugin from this character and then hit play on the VAM animation to see both at the same time.
Thanks for reply, appreciate your help. Any link from where i can buy BVH Files which can work on VAM? I was trying to create BVH Files for SIMS 4 Animations but rigs for SIMS 4 and VAM is having too much difference, difficult to do even bone mapping. could not find BVH Files to play with.

I have tried your suggestion. When i play bvh file and bake animation, it shows message "recording" after that when i save scene and reopen that scene in VAM, there is no more recorded animation on display. i get model back in T-POSE with no animation. do you have any tutorial video on this, how to play BVH files, bake and save animation and make it work with two characters. I bought some BVH animations from website selling it but not able to play and use it in BVH player.

Back
Top Bottom