• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Not A Bug Bug in VAR Creations

Slam Thunderhide

Reactions
Patreon
SlamT
Hey Meshed,

Getting weird errors with sound files when trying to export to a VAR.

Thought it was just AudioMate but now I have the same error with SoundRandomizer.

When I try to export to a VAR it seems VAR changes all the names of the sound files then can't find them so then it errors when trying to create a VAR.
I am losing my mind here.

Tried on various VAM loads then loaded a brand new clean version of VAM with the newest updates with nothing in it other than the sound files and AudioMate. Same Error.

Says: Unexpected error during prep. Missing content item Saves/scene/TEST AUDIOMATE/AudioMateClipSexyMoan3.mp3

The file name is SexyMoan3.mp3 so its changing the file name.

Its changing all the file names of the sound files. Also is looking for the files in the wrong directory.
The sound files are in custom/sounds/{my own directory name}

It did that with a number of different scenes and different audio files when trying to export.

Wasn't doing this before the new updates.

Attachments

• AudioMate-Error.jpg
    AudioMate-Error.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 0
I just tried this out, and audio packaging works correctly with built in audio systems. I tried out AudioMate and it is a bug in that plugin. The issue is how it stores the data. Here is example:

Code:
               "id" : "plugin#0_AudioMate.AudioMateController",
               "Collections" : {
                  "Untitled" : {
                     "name" : "Untitled",
                     "enabled" : "True",
                     "receiverAtom" : "AptSpeaker",
                     "receiverNode" : "AptSpeaker_Import",
                     "shuffle" : "True",
                     "alwaysQueue" : "False",
                     "onlyIfClear" : "False",
                     "playChance" : "1",
                     "lastClipIndex" : "1",
                     "clips" : [
                        {
                           "uid" : "AudioMateClipsample1.mp3",
                           "sourceClip" : "sample1.mp3",
                           "hasCursor" : "False",
                           "sourcePath" : "Custom/Sounds/sample1.mp3"
                        },
                        {
                           "uid" : "AudioMateClipfile_example_MP3_700KB.mp3",
                           "sourceClip" : "file_example_MP3_700KB.mp3",
                           "hasCursor" : "False",
                           "sourcePath" : "MeshedVR.TestSound.latest:/Custom/Sounds/file_example_MP3_700KB.mp3"
                        }
                     ]
                  }
               }

When the package builder packages a scene file, it scans for strings that contain filenames using file extensions like 'mp3'. So in the case above it thinks the "uid" and "sourceClip" entries are paths because they end in mp3. And since there is no path, it assumes the audio file comes from the last loaded scene path (or just Saves/scene if there isn't one) when packaging. The plugin creator could use "audioClip" key instead of "sourceClip". "audioClip" key is exempt from assuming the value is a filepath. And "uid" should probably just be changed to not end in mp3. I suggest giving this feedback to the plugin creator so they can fix it.

Last edited:
It seems to originate in the collections section which might be a new feature of the plugin? Any other recognized file type (wav, ogg, jpg, png, etc.) would have same issue. Plugins should not write parameters that end in these extensions unless the parameter "sourceClip" or "displayName". Both of those are exempt from the assumption that the value is a path. All others are considered paths. The code for this on the VaM side has not changed in a long time.

This one doesn't work now either.
It seems to originate in the collections section which might be a new feature of the plugin? Any other recognized file type (wav, ogg, jpg, png, etc.) would have same issue. Plugins should not write parameters that end in these extensions unless the parameter "sourceClip" or "displayName". Both of those are exempt from the assumption that the value is a path. All others are considered paths. The code for this on the VaM side has not changed in a long time.

Thanks.
I've reached out to both of these creators to let them know but I'm ready to kill myself if they won't update as I am at a total loss for a random sound file plugin now that allows "only play when clear" I wish I knew how to create one myself.

I too, sent Dub a PM.

You can fix this issue by manually removing the non-existent "broken" sound files but as MeshedVR said the plugin will still look for these non-existent files when somebody starts the scene through Var system.

The sounds aren't going to play until the scene is re-loaded.

Hey Meshed,

Getting weird errors with sound files when trying to export to a VAR.

Thought it was just AudioMate but now I have the same error with SoundRandomizer.

When I try to export to a VAR it seems VAR changes all the names of the sound files then can't find them so then it errors when trying to create a VAR.
I am losing my mind here.

Tried on various VAM loads then loaded a brand new clean version of VAM with the newest updates with nothing in it other than the sound files and AudioMate. Same Error.

Says: Unexpected error during prep. Missing content item Saves/scene/TEST AUDIOMATE/AudioMateClipSexyMoan3.mp3

The file name is SexyMoan3.mp3 so its changing the file name.

Its changing all the file names of the sound files. Also is looking for the files in the wrong directory.
The sound files are in custom/sounds/{my own directory name}

It did that with a number of different scenes and different audio files when trying to export.

Wasn't doing this before the new updates.
Did you ever find a fix for this? I’m having the same issue it’s driving me nuts!!

Back
Top Bottom