Bottle for your Genie

Assets Bottle for your Genie

Farger

Invaluable member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Farger submitted a new resource:

Bottle for your Genie - Try to contain-her

This asset includes three variants of a genie bottle. Actually there is also a fourth version as well that was an earlier prototype, I have included that one as well. A simple demo scene with music is provided as a quick viewing of the bottles and some of the lids that are also included. I apologize about the root node of the lid not being centered, it was built that way originally, there is not much that I can do about it. I struggled with materials for this asset, the best solution was...

Read more about this resource...

There was a really old (2004) prop in Daz that was one of their permanent freebies until they revamped their site. I can't publish it here, because of the Daz license. It's not available anymore, but the mods here are strict about the licenses. It came in different colors, too. Here's an Iray render of the red version:

BOSS Genie bottle01.jpg

It actually has an interior! To use it as a prop like the above, it was scaled to 2% of original size! Old Daz render:

Shadiya-test042.jpg

The issue with Daz assets is related to their licensing, which is very restrictive about how the assets are shared, and the enforcement of that is important for keeping our community safe on the Hub. I will continue to look for assets, such as the one on this post, that are CC-BY, so that it would be proper to share.

I feel badly that the one I posted does not look that good. There is something wrong with the UV map of the bottle, it will not render texture patterns correctly, so my only alternative was to use reflective material.

Perhaps the original version you got has the classic problem of inverted normals. That would make any texture applied to it only visible on the inside.

Perhaps the original version you got has the classic problem of inverted normals. That would make any texture applied to it only visible on the inside.
I think that is likely what is happening.

Back
Top Bottom