• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question bind trigger to vr controller buttons

gambalo

Reactions
I'm afraid i already know the answer to this question as i have searched for a long time but did not find a solution.

Is there currently any way to map a vr controller button (specifically the vive grip button) to a trigger?

I wrote the Customizing SteamVR Controller Bindings guide. VaM supports mapping actions to buttons, which is much more precise than mapping buttons to other buttons (because buttons often perform several different actions).

If that doesn't contain your answer, then can you tell us what you're trying to accomplish? Maybe I can help you figure it out.

Upvote 0
As with my other question is should have been more specific, thanks nonetheless for your answer. What i am trying to accomplish is to call an ingame UI button trigger via the controller buttons (eg. press grip button to call the trigger). I have seen Acid Bubbles excellent Keybindings plugin but binding a trigger action to the vr controller does not seem to work.

Again, sorry, if i am missing something obvious here. I am fairly new to creating stuff in VAM.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom