Question attach navigation rig to animation pattern for smooth tours

thx1138

Reactions
Is there a simple way to attach the navigation rig to an animation pattern so that the user is given a scene 'tour' along one or several animation pattern paths? I see how I can attach the windowCamera, but not sure what effect this has - and tried AcidBubbles 'Director' plugin which moves step-wise but not smoothly through the animation pattern points. If not an existing way I was going to experiment with the Director code to see how to get this type of functionality - ideally would be nice to specify a look target object along the path or sections of the path or allow free-look.

I will gladly accept a PR if you're interested. Otherwise it would be possible to create a plugin that would attach the navigation rig to an atom by updating it's position at every frame, e.g. attach it to the Window Camera (just be cautious with rotation, the VR camera is not at the center of the rig)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback and offer, I'll try experimenting with the code first to learn a bit - wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something easy to do already within VAM.

Upvote 0
use the passenger script on an atom of any make. works well with just a custom unity asset or a light rig or really anything

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom