Another VaM alternative, Quest2 native!

vam-killer 2024, calling it.

I like the ui and the direction towards gameplay with that one. imo they're not far behind vam, they just care more about EliteDangerous & NMS than vam i think, the adult aspect might be just a means to an end to do their thing. if they concentrated more on sex stuff and less on 🤓 things like shooting lasers at flying sauce pans inside your ship (why?!), i think they could jump at #1

The theme i think is unfortunate/difficult for adult games and likely is a liability for them. If they were doing some Illusion Artificial Girl kind of thing with that quality they do, I'd bet they would have more patreon supporters than VAM right now imo

Haven’t seen that game yet, but a massive appeal to VAM for me and I’m sure most users is the almost infinite ability to customize each model and environment to the most minuscule detail.

I for one am glad VAM is a bit obscure and niche, it allows creators much more leeway in what they do. For instance, I HIGHLY doubt any Quest approved simulator or big console would ever allow look alikes of famous characters or anything even remotely resembling them. Also, being quest native it will never be able to push the graphics capabilities of even VAM 1.X.

The ability to morph pretty much anyone into the VAM virtual world REALLY does it for me.

When I first got into VAM sure, the sex scenes were the first thing that got me into the door, just like this new game. But what keeps me here and continuously interacting is the community creators and collaboration, the infinite inventiveness of creating your own scenes in the most beautiful fashion imaginable.

At this point it’s much less about raw sex scenes and much more about creating a unique, immersive VR environment.

Not to toot my own horn, but here are a few examples of my latest scene made with other content creator VARs;These are in-game photos taken with supershot and have not been touched up, reshaded or manipulated, this is exactly what I see in VR and the model reacts to touch in a very realistic fashion (Thanks SPQR 😉)

ECF4694F-488B-49F6-A1CE-171B14D2F74D.png
F674765A-41D6-41FE-B8A3-824F9FEEB701.png

The fact that in a fully immersive VR environment of my choosing I can interact with hundreds, if not thousands of models that look this good and react appropriately when touched will always make VAM the #1 VR simulator for me.

I’m going down with this ship, gents.

very nice screenshots!

yea but the problem is that nobody really cares about the simulator part too much imo

i don't know how many years have been since plugins have been implemented but there's only 300 plugins lol. If skyrim had this kind of moddability everyone and their mom would be making adult skyrim mods and mini-games now and for the next decade probably, you'd see it on the news people dying irl in skyrim vr. i know it's different crowds & different games, but in essence all that crazy moddability vam keeps getting praise for is virtually irrelevant and all that actually matters are looks & customization. When a new game will pop up that wil do just those two better, i think a lot of people would jump on it and forget about vam

Do you think 2.0 will resolve any of the issues?

I’m honestly not informed enough about all the new features except for the fact that it is optimized to run on modern gaming machines much better, so that it won’t kill the FPS if you put more than a few characters in a scene.

Regardless, keep up the good work! 👍🏼

personally i don't think the software is the problem. i can't put my finger on what it is but if i were to bet i'd say it will carry in v2.

it's a cliche by now but I agree that it might be the lack of gameplay. if vam vanilla had some very basic game mechanics I think people would have built on top of that and added crazy things to the 'world' in time, that's exciting to mod and less of a shot in the dark. making software plugins ain't exciting. making full game experiences from ground up is just too difficult and unsatisfying to worth the trouble, @Jiraiya I think can confirm unfortunatelly

i'm excited too to see where vam2.0 goes, but yea, i'll keep at it with vam1 plugins, i think it will be years until vam2 plugins are possible 😭

The big advantage of VaM is the physics and the graphics + lighting. And of course the huge customization factor. A game like this has to be immersive, or it wont work. VaM does a pretty good job at this. With the right plugins, it is very immersive.
I havent tried captain hardcore, but after seing the above video, I never will. After seeing a video of VaM I thought "what the fuck is THIS?!". And now I'm here with a couple of hundred hours of playing 😀

vam-killer 2024, calling it.
20 bucks ...anal beads and penis dildo with balls!
RIP already :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jokes aside, i tried this game maybe a year ago or so, I think... it was... ok? :rolleyes:

Tbh, it was bad...washed out graphics, animations and physics were mediocre, FPS with 2+ characters was so-so (slightly better).
UI was the only 'good' part (compared to VaM UI), with left/right panels, thumbnails on shapes and stuff,
but even that felt laggy.At least it was presented (organized) better than VaM (imho).

Overall not really a memorable game...Initially released in 2019, so tehnically still younger than vam 1.x?

my rating: forgettable after one glass of...water (alcohol not required) 🙅‍♂️

Absolutely lovely screenshots of your recent VR scene.

yea but the problem is that nobody really cares about the simulator part too much imo

Sorry for not following up about the animated "simulation" yet in the "AI" thread. 90% of people I encounter just want more models of videogame characters or celebrities from me. So it goes, apparently. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
it's a cliche by now but I agree that it might be the lack of gameplay.
I'm having a hard time imagining any kind of gameplay mechanics that would improve the program, rather than detract from it. Any adult type programs that have "gameplay elements" seem to be along the lines of "oh, you have to wiggle the mouse here just the right way for just long enough to fill the arousal bar before you can progress to the next part of the scene" stuff. Fuck that. Just let me do what I want, the way I want, when I want.

But hey, to each their own.

I don't know if that puts me in a minority or if you are. But I'm quite happy with Vam being a sandbox, rather than an actual game. But I'd say there's a place for plugins that add gameplay elements for people like you.

Last edited:
I tried CH a while back and it was Crap, very limited in what you could do and painful to do it. No fun! Maybe its updated a lot since then, but I have no desire to try again. I like the number of creators in VAM, the absolute freedom to build and do what you want. I like to tinker, and it is fun! Just the amount of free resources is excellent. New free stuff everyday. Having said that I do support on Patreon a number of Creators, because I appreciate their work. And there a lot of good ones out there. Like others have said above the sandbox is amazing and physics, etc., etc. Maybe games in VAM would be cool as well. But recently I can appreciate what is here in VAM. I really like SPQR's Alive and other plugins, as it creates immersive interaction that is getting better with each release. I check out and appreciate in VAM even the non adult resources. There is some quality amazing stuff out there. So much so I have probably only tried 20% or less of what is out there. Replay-ability out the A$$. Also, in VAM, true works of ART can be and are created, and my eyes really like that. For example the model shown above!

Last edited:
I also think a not "Adult Version" of VAM should be created and re-named, as it would get a lot more interesting recourses and people to join. A much wider audience. I for one would support both. I think real applications could happen there.

Last edited:
very nice screenshots!

Absolutely lovely screenshots of your recent VR scene.

Sorry for not following up about the animated "simulation" yet in the "AI" thread. 90% of people I encounter just want more models of videogame characters or celebrities from me. So it goes, apparently. :ROFLMAO:

With regards to gameplay, I just remembered a HUGE enhancement that really makes it more of a “game” than the vanilla VAM, however it is paid content;

For someone brand new to VAM this would likely be one of the very first add ons I would recommend, as it immediately lets you start to “play” unlike the vanilla startup with a random, robotic plane Jane looking girl in the unattractive, robotic T pose and shitty lighting.

For those that just want to jump in and play, VamX will do it perfectly. While at this point I have more fun editing and refining small, miniscule details in my own personal scenes I’ve built, I understand many just want to jump in and go at it with hundreds of sex poses, models, voices and backgrounds on a very intuitive UI.

I still jump into VamX once in a while just for a romp!

I wouldn’t just recommend it to new users; anyone that wants a break from creating and just have a go with more of a polished game feel.

For instance, SPQR may enjoy it like I do and he is FAR more experienced than I or most; he’s doing Gods work with his Alive plug-in!

Just wanted to throw out this great option for a polished, game like feel as that sounds like a big issue for VAM atm.

For instance, SPQR may enjoy it like I do and he is FAR more experienced than I or most; he’s doing Gods work with his Alive plug-in!
Thank you, i'm happy that you like it! I never tried it but I'll look into it.

Just wanted to throw out this great option for a polished, game like feel as that sounds like a big issue for VAM atm.
nah, it's silly to boo the horse that's in the lead. i might as well criticize the whole 'industry' before vam. if anything vam is a blessing and we're lucky to have it.
i was just trying to point out that it's very difficult for people to 'mod' vam since there's nothing to mod. It's more of a game engine than a sandbox game. It could have a crazy modding scene. Instead it has plugin & mods makers isolated, quitting or struggling to even get their work seen through the avalanche of looks. When someone else will do looks better and some decent interaction & customization, a lot of people will just jump there imo.

Wait, this is a sex game? I thought it was a Brazilian jiu jitsu tutorial!

I've said elsewhere and will say again, VAM's collectability and customizability are the things that make it dope. It's like the next logical step after collecting movies, music and comics to collect looks and scenes and being able to have them do what you like is best. I tried CH and VR Hot before this and deleted both 2 weeks after getting into VAM. This is the real metaverse.

For me the lack of gameplay and sandbox nature of Vam is most appealing. I was always a big fan of character creators, I would play Soul Calibur and Tekken mostly to play dress up and posing. Vam delivers on this on unparalleled scale, the 'gameplay' to me is learning more and more tricks to achieve desired effects. I'm glad I don't need to grind for costumes, and instead can mix and match everything. The downfall for me the more resources I amass the more sluggish it becomes, I'm at a point where I really have to start removing stuff to have anything resembling a smooth experience, my hopes with 2.0 is that it will take into account the fact that users will amass tens of thousands files and will make navigating and accessing it easier, as well as taking better advantage of cutting edge hardware.

I have just spend hours messing with different ui plugins to make the process better, it's in a way very rewarding. Each time I start it I learn something new, and I must have amassed hundreds of hours by now. The very nature of gatcha and horny makes for extremely addictive gaming loop. I don't doubt that the concept could be executed better, and be more user friendly, but even then it will take some years before the sheer volume of content will be able to compete. There are very very few characters I would love to have but nobody have done them yet. What I have instead of those few is basically everything else imaginable.

This is an old thread but I want to jump in. With Voice Control or Speech Recognition, Audiomate and Timeline, you can have either first person conversations with your models or have models speaking and reacting to each other without the need for speech bubbles. With enough scenes, you could create a machinima movie., although the number of characters would have to be limited in each scene. It would require an excellent knowledge of the program and the plugins, which, unfortunately, I haven't mastered as yet. And using Logic Bricks you could have a model react in random ways, creating a sort of game to see how clever you are in seducing her. With AI on the horizon, the possibilities are endless. I think SPQR is working in this area.

Back
Top Bottom