Invaluable member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
atani12.gitlab.io
atani submitted a new resource:

Alphas - Clothing with improved "accessibility"

👚 ALPHAS 🌚

These textures were created by me, it's free content, and apply to the clothes in the list below. I do not share anything else besides the textures I created.
Please see the instructions below on how to use these textures.

Alpha textures give transparency and "accessibility" for specific areas in clothingDecal textures are for addons in clothes, like badges for example

Read more about this resource...

• Save it as a clothing preset if you want to have it always available
I like the idea (y)
You certainly already know; but just in case: do you know you can package the presets directly?

Granted, this will add dependencies to this package - which can be a pain for people who wants to use this content in a scene they would want to share (that would add all inherited dependencies). But as it is under FC licence, they can extract the alpha texture and preset they want to use.

It's a choice between ease of use (ability to quickly see the result) and ease of reuse (ability to quickly include this into a shareable scene).
To have the best of both worlds, maybe add the presets into a distinct "demo scene"?

I was thinking about that, but as you mention there's several factors to consider. Still haven't yet figured out what path to pick.
I didn't think about having a separate demo scene, that does give more flexibility to consider sharing presets.
Will try making a demo scene to see what it would be like in terms of dependencies and future updates, thanks for the tip 👍

Went ahead and made a scene for demo purposes. Thanks for the tip @ZRSX.

atani updated Alphas with a new update entry:

BREAKING CHANGES!!! and new alphas and decal

BREAKING CHANGE
Your existing appearance presets may need to be updated

I decided it was time to harmonise the filenames and take the Decal and Sim textures away from the Alphas folder. Each type now resides in their appropriate folder inside the VAR. Most filenames have changed to fit a common name structure, and existing JPG files were converted to PNG.

If you keep a older version of this VAR you may not need to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Maru01's martial arts Gi with a certain movies/tv show flair

Inclusion of some variations for maru01's Gi:

Assembly required on multiple parts, make sure you create a clothing preset to make your life easier:
  • Alphas: Ma uniform - jacket Cobra Kai & pants
  • Decals: Ma uniform - Cobra Kai/Miyagi Do
  • Mains: Ma uniform - Cobra Kai (CC BY - credit: maru01)
View attachment 279155View attachment 279156

Also...

Alphas + Sims

This update brings new Alpha and Sim textures.
As the list in the main description now shows what's included in each version I leave this update area just for instructions.

Sim textures on multi or combined layers
As there's now more than one Sim texture in the resource, I take the opportunity to show how you can use these textures.
From version 1.22 onwards, there's now a Sim field in Textures, right at the bottom...

oh sorry, I mean the look of 'Barbie' in updates, may I know where should we get it?
The Barbie shown is a remix of a lookalike of MR by Vecterror made by another user and shared privately.
I cannot share the VAR with the custom morphs or the Vecterror model, but if you want a appearance preset to get you part of the way, here you go.

The Barbie shown is a remix of a lookalike of MR by Vecterror made by another user and shared privately.
I cannot share the VAR with the custom morphs or the Vecterror model, but if you want a appearance preset to get you part of the way, here you go.
Thanks for the swift reply, appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom