• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

All the girls are no hair,what's the problem?

Lar

Reactions
I've download some .var scences, but all the girls were with no hair when I started in vam. Some error logs appeared. Can you help me?

When you download VAR file, there are usually some additional files you have to download with it. There are 2 ways of doing it:

1. After downloading your VAR file and putting it into VAM/AddonPackages folder, launch your VAM, click on "HUB BROWSE" button in the main menu, and then click "Scan Hub for Missing Referenced Packages". It should find missing dependencies and it will allow you to download it. After downloading it, I always relaunch VAM, because VARs containing morpgs are only scanned during the launch.

2. Sometimes dependency files are not available on the hub (you will see the red Not On The Hub info). You will have to look for them on the site you downloaded your VAR from. It is the case if the scene/look is behing a paywall, meaning it was not free.

KG

In addition to KG's very good suggestions, maybe (?) you need to know the following:

If a scene or look creator is using hair (or other stuff) that was made by an other creator,
he does not include those hair in his scene, but this scene has a link to this external hair (or other stuff) .VAR file.
This is called "dependencies".
Some scenes have very much of those dependencies. You don't neccessarily need all of them (!!), but you will get an error message that something is missin, plus the scene does not looks like it was intended (like in your case).

If you want to download something from this webside, you will see a tab "dependencies" . On this tab you can have a quick overview over all additional files you would need to download, too.
Or you can use the ingame-browser like KG said.

Back
Top Bottom