• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

A request for a randomizer button / entire person randomizer

itclanon

Reactions
I've dug around a bit and can't seem to find anything similar to what I'm looking for, so I'm putting a post out to see if anybody has had any success in creating it (or something even remotely close to it).

To put it plainly - I want to be able to fully randomize a person. Either a 'random' button on morphs or a plugin that can read a list of morphs and select random values would be perfect, but it doesn't seem to exist. Most of my enjoyment comes from creating people, as VaM is arguably the best 'character creator' I've ever seen. Part of the fun for me in said character creators is being able to generate somebody at random and then tweak them later. Right now in VaM, this can only be achieved by blindly selecting morphs, changing the values, and then adjusting things later to make them look... human again.

Obviously this comes with the caveat that some morphs are complete looks, some morphs are FAR too aggressive in what they change, and others will occasionally do nothing at all. That being said, having some kind of control over what is being randomized is 100% necessary; digging through thousands of morphs to find the one that's causing issues would be an absolute pain in the ass.

There are a few 'randomizer' scenes / tools that I've seen here, but most of them only have a few pre-loaded looks or don't seem to function properly anymore. If anybody has any insight on how this can be acheived, if they've found a scene or plugin that can do it, or even if you feel like you can take on the task of creating it - please let me know.

I have created a randomizer button that I use in almost all my scenes. I've been tweaking it over the past year or so and it works great. I am not sharing it at the moment because it uses a lot of custom morphs from a lot of different creators (some of which are not even available any more), but I will tell you exactly how to make it. It uses mostly mcgrubers logicbrick called valuerandom. You add the plugin for EACH morph you want to randomize. You CANNOT just add it once and randomize many morphs at once, as, they will all morph in the same amount, which reduces the randomness. For example, add the valuerandom plugin, and select person - geometry - nose size. Choose a value from 0 to say 0.5. Add another valuerandom plugin. select person - geometry - nose bridge width.... you get the idea. The thing to be careful of is morphs that will add together, for example breast shape. You may get unrealistically large breasts. For that case I will use randomchoice logicbrick which will choose 1 valuerandom out of several breast shapes. You can also use randomchoice to select a skin and hair. Everytime someone releases a nice hair I will save the preset and add it to the randomchoice plugin. Another thing to be careful of is heads (Victoria head, Viviane head, etc). You can only go up to maybe 0.15 for each or you will get bad results. Just reduce as needed.

Then you just creaste a button that triggers all these plugins. Your first button action may have to be a morph preset with everything at zero.

By carefullly modifying this randomizer I get some really great results.

I have created a randomizer button that I use in almost all my scenes. I've been tweaking it over the past year or so and it works great. I am not sharing it at the moment because it uses a lot of custom morphs from a lot of different creators (some of which are not even available any more), but I will tell you exactly how to make it. It uses mostly mcgrubers logicbrick called valuerandom. You add the plugin for EACH morph you want to randomize. You CANNOT just add it once and randomize many morphs at once, as, they will all morph in the same amount, which reduces the randomness. For example, add the valuerandom plugin, and select person - geometry - nose size. Choose a value from 0 to say 0.5. Add another valuerandom plugin. select person - geometry - nose bridge width.... you get the idea. The thing to be careful of is morphs that will add together, for example breast shape. You may get unrealistically large breasts. For that case I will use randomchoice logicbrick which will choose 1 valuerandom out of several breast shapes. You can also use randomchoice to select a skin and hair. Everytime someone releases a nice hair I will save the preset and add it to the randomchoice plugin. Another thing to be careful of is heads (Victoria head, Viviane head, etc). You can only go up to maybe 0.15 for each or you will get bad results. Just reduce as needed.

Then you just creaste a button that triggers all these plugins. Your first button action may have to be a morph preset with everything at zero.

By carefullly modifying this randomizer I get some really great results.
This is awesome, and exactly what I want. But I unfortunately have zero idea how to use the logic stuff, so i've got some learning to do. I attempted to do as you instructed, but i can't seem to find the morphs nested underneath geometry.

Really appreciate the explanation either way, gonna do some digging and see what I can learn

Back
Top Bottom