DreamVR

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Patreon
DreamVR
DreamGTS submitted a new resource:

A Queens Toy (free version) - Part 2 to Queen Victoria's Slave is now here!

Thanks to all my patreon supporters, I have created what I consider a masterpiece of a scene!

This is a scene that is over 30 min long, and its honestly fantastic. Audio and visual immersion is as good as it gets here, with over 50 unique sounds used. Please consider subscribing to my Patreon where you can access the entire scene!

You wake up to the sound of fire crackling...

Read more about this resource...

You should look into not packing the var with a bunch of textures and clothing that already exist in var format on the hub. A full set of textures was packed in the first part of this (textures available in var format), those same textures are also packed in this one. You also have several clothing items from various creators which are available as vars on the hub included which creates duplicate entries of these items in the clothing list as well as creates more install bloat.

You also included at least some of the audio files twice, once in the saves folder and once in the custom/sounds folder. Not sure if both sets are necessary or if there is someway to combine these.

If every release ends up being 400mb of the same duplicate stuff it can start adding up quick.

Scene is excellent though and would hate for these technical issues to detract from it.

You should look into not packing the var with a bunch of textures and clothing that already exist in var format on the hub. A full set of textures was packed in the first part of this (textures available in var format), those same textures are also packed in this one. You also have several clothing items from various creators which are available as vars on the hub included which creates duplicate entries of these items in the clothing list as well as creates more install bloat.

You also included at least some of the audio files twice, once in the saves folder and once in the custom/sounds folder. Not sure if both sets are necessary or if there is someway to combine these.

If every release ends up being 400mb of the same duplicate stuff it can start adding up quick.

Scene is excellent though and would hate for these technical issues to detract from it.
Im going to do a clean reinstall of VAM since now i know how to properly use var files, and ill edit the description to properly credit creators. The music files are strange, since im using audiomate, the package builder always wants 2 copies of the same audio track, but one copy with AudioMateClip in front of it. In any case, future realeases wont be as messy, apologies!

Seems to be something wrong with this file "DreamGTS.Queen_Victorias_Toy.1.var"

Every time I try and download new version it ends up only 29KB in size instead of 165MB

1622994525438.png

1622994586170.png

!> Exception during zip file scan of AddonPackages\DreamGTS.Queen_Victorias_Toy.1.var: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipException: Cannot find central directory
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.ReadEntries () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile..ctor (System.IO.FileStream file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Seems to be something wrong with this file "DreamGTS.Queen_Victorias_Toy.1.var"

Every time I try and download new version it ends up only 29KB in size instead of 165MB

View attachment 48646

View attachment 48647

!> Exception during zip file scan of AddonPackages\DreamGTS.Queen_Victorias_Toy.1.var: ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipException: Cannot find central directory
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.ReadEntries () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile..ctor (System.IO.FileStream file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Ive updated the link! Please try and see if it works now.

DreamGTS.Queen_Victorias_Toy still does not exist. That one is called DreamVR.A_Queens_Toy_DEMO.

Downloader DreamVR.A_Queens_Toy_DEMO.2.var, rename to expected filename.
I also edited the var to have expected creatorName and packageName.

Ive updated the link! Please try and see if it works now.

No, the "Scan hub for missing packages" page in VAM still only downloads the same 29KB file for this missing VAR. I checked the file and it appears to be some HTML page (possibly to a login). Maybe @meshedvr would know what is going on.

Attachments

• DreamGTS.Queen_Victorias_Toy.1.var
    28.7 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom