Question 2 Models, same scale, different height?

neo15

Reactions
Hey guys, my problem is this:

I have different models that I would like to use in a scene. Both have a scale of 1.000 but when I load them into a scene, one has the same height as the standard model, but the other one is a little bit smaller than the standard one, and that messes up a lot of alignments.

I have already checked the height sliders in the Female Morph section like shorter legs or something, and they are at 0.
Now I have absolutely no idea why the actual height is different.

Anybody got an idea maybe?

One of the character morphs may have the height baked into the model. If you dial the character morph down and back up, and the model changes height, that tells the tale. There's also a subtle difference between the general scale, and the height morph. Scale keeps the hip in about the same place relative to the origin, but height keeps the feet in the same place and moves everything else down.

Upvote 0
I see. What exactly do you mean by "dial down and back up"?
And what could I maybe do to fix it?

Upvote 0
If the character you are using has a single morph dial with the character's name in it, slide that morph dial. Go to the appropriate morphs tab and select Active to only show the morphs that are active. If there is a character morph dial for that character, move the slider all the way to the left, then back where it was. If this move affects the character's height, the only thing you can do and still use that character is to change the height by other morphs. The scale dial can be set to a number > 1.0.

Some of the scenes by ispinox have a scale adjustment screen. Check out the Ellie in the Mall scene. Try the character you want to use in that scene, and make the adjustments. That might give you an idea how to adjust the character for the other scene you want to use.

Upvote 0
Thank you for this explanation. With one character the issue was a slider called Body Scale. It was at 1.0 but must be 0.0 to work for me.

With another one it was as you said, a morph dial with the character's name in it.

Problem solved, thanks a lot!!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom