Answered 1800 Scenes

cmramlow

Reactions
Probably like you all, I have soooo many scenes when I start up VAM that it's challenging to find anything, like a garage stuffed full of junk.

Has anyone found a way to organize them all?

I wanted to rename every scene and sort by Asset/Sex/Model/ etc but since I cannot rename vars, and most of my scenes are in vars, for searching this kills my project.

I tried going into the meta file in the var to see if I could add a tag, but didn't work. Apart from unpacking everything, has anyone found a way to classify everything for searches?

Unfortunately not really. IMHO this is one of the biggest, but least obvious issues VaM has,
only becoming visible since someone has piled up a huge ammount of stuff.
There were several threads about organizing stuff, which you may find helpful.

Upvote 0
You may use the fav-function to filter. This way you can at least sort between scenes you like to consume and scene packages you only need for dependencies.
The models I like and I want to organize I just save the persons appearance presets for the model in my individual folders and files. The are saved under Custom/Atom/Person/Appearence/....

Upvote 0
Never ending struggle. I plan to cancel all my Patreon subscriptions for couple of months, and maybe also ignore new hub additions as well just so I can organise my stuff. Once I'm done extracting what I need from a scene, like a model, clothes textures and so on I toggle hide. This does not remove the scene in case of dependencies but things out my scene library which is good. Right now I can't possibly keep up with new additions.

Upvote 0
Never ending struggle. I plan to cancel all my Patreon subscriptions for couple of months, and maybe also ignore new hub additions as well just so I can organise my stuff. Once I'm done extracting what I need from a scene, like a model, clothes textures and so on I toggle hide. This does not remove the scene in case of dependencies but things out my scene library which is good. Right now I can't possibly keep up with new additions.
There is really no need to extract and organize in this way. Just use the preset function for looks (appearence presets), clothes and textures (Skin preset). The presets you can easily organize in your own folders even directly in VAM.
And as mentioned, for scenes just use the favourite check.

Upvote 0
There is really no need to extract and organize in this way. Just use the preset function for looks (appearence presets), clothes and textures (Skin preset). The presets you can easily organize in your own folders even directly in VAM.
And as mentioned, for scenes just use the favourite check.

Yes this is exactly what I'm doing. Models don't always come saved as a preset with a scene. I make those presets myself and then hide the scene.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom