• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

17 FPS on 3060

Before investigating the performance further I would update that very old F7 BIOS first.
You never know what kind of undocumented motherboard / GPU incompatibility the BIOS updates have been fixed already.
Manufacturer update notes are a joke.
Or they act like Asus, pump to much voltage into chip for more performance, risk of burning the CPU, then secretly try to remove old bad BIOS versions from the support site.

MacGruber already found out recently Gigabyte fixed another RTX3060 issue.
If they added Resizable BAR, I'm not sure it's supported, it could help with performance too.

In case you have never done a BIOS update - it's explained in detail in this official manual. There are multiple update methods. Would suggest 'Q flash'.
You basically extract a downloaded .ZIP file to a thumb drive, enter the BIOS and use the 'Q flash' menu to do the update. From my experience this is the most reliable.

Download the correct BIOS version for your motherboards revision
'Rev 1.x' should be printed on the lower left corner of that board or on it's box.
Flashing the wrong BIOS can turn the board into a paperweight.
But your specific board has a backup BIOS that would safe you if something goes wrong.

USB thumb drive not visible or accessible in BIOS / Q Flash:
Format the thumb drive with a supported FAT32/16/12 filesystem.
Avoid front USB ports for flashing the BIOS.

Don't freak out after a BIOS update.
The PC will take long to boot or restart multiple times to re-train memory timings. It's normal.

GPU-Z shows the 3060 is running at the optimal PCIe x16 3.0 speed already with the latest driver.
Faster 4.0 is supported by the motherboard, but not the CPU. All good.
You could check the GPU manufacturer for a firmware update too. Many RTX 3000-series cards got an update for Resizable BAR.

What I generally find weird are the sometimes very high VAM physics frame times on the CPU.
This looks almost like a Die2Die latency- and / or scheduling-issue. Similar to what people experienced with VAM on a Threadripper.
But it's a single Die chip. So scheduling?! A chipset / cpu / motherboard related driver issue? Or is the CPU simply overheating / does thermal throttle to a lower clock speed?

Back
Top Bottom