• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

17 FPS on 3060

NaughtyAI

Reactions
I changed the video card and faced the problem of falling fps. I changed 1050 Ti to 3060 12 GB and the fps dropped to 17 on the standart scene!
Here are the full specs of my computer:
CPU - i5-10400F
GPU - Palit 3060 12gb
RAM - DDR4 16 gb
I tried to put on ssd, no result
It should be noted right away that no unnecessary programs are running, the drivers were removed / installed new

Please help!

Note that FPS numbers are meaningless without info on camera perspective, distance, screen resolution, VaM settings, etc.
For comparable results, run the Benchmark. Check the forum thread to find someone with a comparable machine and see whether results match your expectation.

However, I would suspect a cluttered VaM install. Having installed too much content, especially morphs, slows down VaM. I recommend to try running in a clean VaM install. Just copy the VaM_Updater.exe (plus the "Keys" folder) to a new folder and have VaM install itself again. Then just install the Benchmark and its dependencies via the Hub-Browse window.

You mean you have the exact same scene with the exact same camera angle and now lower fps?

Same VaM settings? Same resolution? Same everything? Is your 3060 running in PCIe 4 (GPU-Z)? Did you try a MB bios update? Reinstalling VaM maybe helps. Weird.

Is your GPU running in full power mode (windows)?

How much fps did you have with the 1050ti?

Also to be sure, check all temps and usage (CPU, GPU, Drives). It could be that you are thermal throttling for some reason.

Same VaM settings? Same resolution? Same everything? Is your 3060 running in PCIe 4 (GPU-Z)? Did you try a MB bios update? Reinstalling VaM maybe helps. Weird.

Note that FPS numbers are meaningless without info on camera perspective, distance, screen resolution, VaM settings, etc.
For comparable results, run the Benchmark. Check the forum thread to find someone with a comparable machine and see whether results match your expectation.

However, I would suspect a cluttered VaM install. Having installed too much content, especially morphs, slows down VaM. I recommend to try running in a clean VaM install. Just copy the VaM_Updater.exe (plus the "Keys" folder) to a new folder and have VaM install itself again. Then just install the Benchmark and its dependencies via the Hub-Browse window.

VAM reinstalled

At 1050 ti there was definitely more than 60 fps in the standard scene at high settings

Standard scene, uploaded and screenshotted:
1688662381041.png

In scenes of at least some more complex FPS, it immediately sags heavily.

CPU Benchmark:
1688661816673.png

Usage ~80% 3,98Ghz
1688661871281.png

GPU Benchmark:
1688662130095.png

Usage 98% 3,9GB/12GB Temperature=66*C
1688662146625.png

Last edited:

Now i have Palit 3060 Dual, which connects via PCI-E 4.0
As for the bios, I didn’t touch it from the word at all, because I don’t know how to use it :#

Some things dont make sense here. Your 3060 is running at 99% usage, so this cant be a CPU bottleneck. On the other hand your CPU usage is at 80%, so this could be a CPU bottleneck but not at 99% GPU usage, would make no sense. But if your GPU usage is at 99%, you cant have more fps with a 1050ti, impossible.

If you have like 60fps with your 3060, the 1050ti should have around 20fps! So, where's your problem here? Are you providing correct data? I'm confused.
Get 3DMark, run a benchmark and post the results so we can compare.

Some things dont make sense here. Your 3060 is running at 99% usage, so this cant be a CPU bottleneck. On the other hand your CPU usage is at 80%, so this could be a CPU bottleneck but not at 99% GPU usage, would make no sense. But if your GPU usage is at 99%, you cant have more fps with a 1050ti, impossible.

If you have like 60fps with your 3060, the 1050ti should have around 20fps! So, where's your problem here? Are you providing correct data? I'm confused.

I am also confused, because 1050 Ti really had more fps

There are a few problems with the 3DMark benchmark, so I ran the standard scene with MSI Afrerburner
Settings: high
Hope this helps:
1688667633337.png

I'm certainly not a professional, but it seems to me that the frametime is a bit too big

Sorry, I just now saw that there is a separate scene, here are the results:
1688670179638.png

I'm certainly not a professional, but it seems to me that the frametime is a bit too big
I don't own Nvidia GPU, but isn't there like low latency mode inside control panel? Dunno if that would help with frame time.
From your results: Looking at max fps 59.04 @1440p 59Hz. Is Vsync (or Gsync) enabled outside VaM?

3060 should perform way better than 1050 Ti, high usage and less FPS is mind boggling.
If you were CPU bound before, at least it should perform the same, not worse. Right?
It just makes no sense. Is this brand new or used card (mining)?

What about other games? Same poor performance?

Did you make sure GPU is seated properly? (sounds trivial, but it can cause issues, try re-seating)

I don't own Nvidia GPU, but isn't there like low latency mode inside control panel? Dunno if that would help with frame time.
From your results: Looking at max fps 59.04 @1440p 59Hz. Is Vsync (or Gsync) enabled outside VaM?

3060 should perform way better than 1050 Ti, high usage and less FPS is mind boggling.
If you were CPU bound before, at least it should perform the same, not worse. Right?
It just makes no sense. Is this brand new or used card (mining)?

What about other games? Same poor performance?

Did you make sure GPU is seated properly? (sounds trivial, but it can cause issues, try re-seating)

New graphics card with LHR, in other games same situation.
I put the video card 2 times while changing the power supply

About Vsync or Gsync, not sure, I don't know where it can be changed/viewed

3DMark has a thing where you can compare against people with a similar system. Is your system slower than those?

(Where did you get that 3060? Ebay? Maybe its fake or something? But if thats the case your machine would be slower everywhere, not just VaM.)

3DMark has a thing where you can compare against people with a similar system. Is your system slower than those?

(Where did you get that 3060? Ebay? Maybe its fake or something? But if thats the case your machine would be slower everywhere, not just VaM.)
Bought in one of the large enterprises of my country

In general, I'll try to reinstall Windows, if it doesn't help, I'll go to make a return (I hope it doesn't come to that). If there are any other suggestions to solve the problem, I will gladly try

Of course the result is bad, you lack 3000 points to average, or around 35%.
How much Watt does your power supply have?

And still my question: is your power supply in windows for your GPU set to max???

Of course the result is bad, you lack 3000 points to average, or around 35%.
How much Watt does your power supply have?

And still my question: is your power supply in windows for your GPU set to max???

I'm not sure about the power supply for the GPU. I don't know where to look

The power supply changed after buying a video card from 500W to 750W

Back
Top Bottom